• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon DP 1200

Register to hide this ad
Not to hijack but do any of you Denon devotees know of a place to have the servo arms repaired? I have a DP33F (very limited production run) and it sounds wonderful, is very heavy and runs great but the TA auto features are shot as is the semi auto return at end of LP. In manual it runs fine but when electronics kick in the TA is real wonky. I have tried to find repair in LA with no luck and went as far as the Bay Area and no luck. A few people were willing to "give it a try" but that is a bit risky. Looking underneath all lights and functions appear to fire correctly but the TA moves incorrectly (just heads toward spindle). My days of manual TTs are nearing an end due to poor eyesight, shaky hands and the unwillingness to jump up every 22 minutes at end of LP.
 
I have a flying saucer also with a DL110 and love it. The dust cover in great condition also.


Denon2-1.jpg
 
Not to hijack but do any of you Denon devotees know of a place to have the servo arms repaired? I have a DP33F (very limited production run) and it sounds wonderful, is very heavy and runs great but the TA auto features are shot as is the semi auto return at end of LP. In manual it runs fine but when electronics kick in the TA is real wonky. I have tried to find repair in LA with no luck and went as far as the Bay Area and no luck. A few people were willing to "give it a try" but that is a bit risky. Looking underneath all lights and functions appear to fire correctly but the TA moves incorrectly (just heads toward spindle). My days of manual TTs are nearing an end due to poor eyesight, shaky hands and the unwillingness to jump up every 22 minutes at end of LP.

The service manual has instructions on servicing the tone arm functions.

Have a look at it, you may be able to do it yourself. :idea:

If not it would be helpful to the technician.

I have the same turn table without the issues you are experiencing though.

Best of luck!
http://www.vinylengine.com/library/denon/dp-33f.shtml
 
Update: I replaced the AT95E with an Ortofon OM 10 and I like it a lot! The lively cart sounds great with my mellower "New England sound" speakers (ADS L810 and Boston Acoustics A 150).
 
Had a Denon deck mated to a DL-301MKII for a few years.....loved every minute with that set-up.
...moved it along lat year.
 
yeah, i guess you can say that.
i know that conventional denon wisdom says that the higher the model number, the better the turntable but i love the looks of this tank. maybe someday when i warm up a bit more on the looks of the flying saucers i'll get one and compare its sound to this one.
Denon DP-59 profile.jpg
 
I also love the big Denon's. I have a DP-59L sporting a Stanton 681eee and a DP-755 with a Audio Quest PT-9 sporting a Grado Sig/8mz. The one thing to remember about the Denons is they are getting up in age. It is best to have them recapped so they are good for another 20 to 30 years. I have seen more than one that have be relegated to beautiful door stop or boat anchor.
 
Back
Top Bottom