• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Despicable state of kids today - Video

If this is indeed a credible video, I am ashamed to live in this area. Greece is not very far from where I grew up and there's no excuse for this behavior. Those kids need their asses beat.

If she was MY mother, wife or sister, God help them...

Spare the rod and spoil the child.
 
If this is indeed a credible video, I am ashamed to live in this area. Greece is not very far from where I grew up and there's no excuse for this behavior. Those kids need their asses beat.

If she was MY mother, wife or sister, God help them...

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

+1. This is what you get when you "Reason" w/kids, give "Time-Outs", "Sit in the Corner", all that "Enlightened" nonsense.
 
Kids are not born with strong consciences --none of us had them innately, although some empathy is natural. We learn to have a conscience, to care about even strangers. That's part of what parenting is about: to teach right and wrong, and how to be a human in human society. These kids obviously haven't learned that.

There seemed to be two themes to their bullying: (1) the woman is fat, and (2) the woman is not rich, as these kids apparently are (relatively speaking). These kids need to be taught to better understand what it is to struggle with issues like obesity, and how the lucky coincidence that they don't have to work hard for money doesn't mean they are in any way innately special. As it is, they are SPOILED brats, with no respect for their elders. Their parents have failed to impart this to them. and perhaps the parents should be taken to task over that.

How to teach kids at this age, what they should already have learned a few years before? Maybe a summer spent in a poor family's home, having to chip in and earn their own way and solve their problems without any special privilege or money from home, would teach them some understanding. If I were a judge sentencing these kids to some kind of punishment, I might also make them work all summer with fat people, and spend all their earnings to buy the bus monitor a really nice dinner, and an expensive purse. Perhaps make them take turns throwing similar insults at each other's mothers and sisters, to see how it made them feel. Maybe they'd learn a little empathy, and a bit about what money is and isn't.

There were also juvenile sexual references in some of their taunts. They'll outgrow those. If they only knew how childish their comments really sound to adult ears, they might shut their mouths in the meantime.

Kids will always go through phases like that. It's the job of their parents, teachers and other adults to correct and teach them along the way. Teach them well, and they'll grow up to be fine/normal adults. Fail to, and they'll join the population already over-stuffing the already-bloated prison system.
 
Last edited:
Look at history....we caused this. These kids have no concept of respect because it isn't taught. If tried, it's overwhelmed by the "it's for the children protect the child" mentality. All these kids care about is themselves and their petty-assed little lives. WTF was the bus driver doing during this bullying???
It ain't gonna get any better folks. Only adversity and strife, in one form or another, build character. I have a great friend that built a fine young man digging holes in the back yard. Some of which are deeep!:-)
These kids have never known either, and if they did they would blame someone else. F'ing little shitheads. That will likely grow up to be bigger shitheads.
 
I just watched the story on the local news, these were middle-school children! 4th-6th grade students, outragous!

There will be justice for the monitor, I think. This is a huge deal, to say the least.
 
It's bullying. Same as bullying has always been. The only difference now is that everybody has a camera. It happened when I was a kid and it will keep happening as long as the world is filled with parents who are no more than grown up versions of their asshole kids.

When I was young, I never saw or heard anything close to that in my town, but I suspect things were different here. I had to go to New York on vacation to witness a grown woman cussing for the first time. I was fourteen when I was flabbergasted to hear two women screaming at each other in a Long Island mall, using words that I had never previously heard from any adult.

Instant and total communication has allowed the rapid spread of that culture to the rest of us, much to our chagrin.
 
That's a big shame some kids of todays generation behave like this..
Goes back to how the parents teach them right and wrong....a good ass-whopping and strict home parenting solve it.
I see some of the same behavior here locally, several schools in the area and screwed up kids with no freaking sense how to respect other people and specially elders.
 
Couldn't have said it better... Every older generations forgets when they were kids..

Well, speaking for myself, I never sent an adult to tears. And I certainly never went on and on and on and on... for 10+ minutes about whomever I was picking on. This goes so far beyond what I had ever seen like it to this point. What bothers me the most was the "german shepherd clamp-down and never letting go" situation. Good god.

Yours in disbelief,
Tyler
 
Well, speaking for myself, I never sent an adult to tears. And I certainly never went on and on and on and on... for 10+ minutes about whomever I was picking on. This goes so far beyond what I had ever seen like it to this point. What bothers me the most was the "german shepherd clamp-down and never letting go" situation. Good god.

Yours in disbelief,
Tyler

Oh, yeah, I was a chrome-plated Azzwhole at times when I was growin' up, too, but NEVER anything like that...Jeez, Louise...
 
we moved a lot when i was a kid

i can tell you at first hand being "the new kid" frequently ... kids where basically about that big jerks 20 some years ago also.

I guess the upside for me is threefold

a. I am left handed

b. u wouldn't necessarily get expelled / other massive trouble as now if you actually started a fight

c. EVERY Damn time bully jerks never saw the left-hook coming :D


so yeah when I would switch schools i'd wait for some punks to start in..and then just pick the biggest one and knock them right on their ass with a left hook then I'd basically keep fighting any of them that kept coming till it got broke up by teachers.


you only have to do that once (maybe twice) and people will leave you the hell alone .....and sometimes try to be your friend after that. Today u would probably get arrested however for trying that tactic to stop bullies...meh
 
Last edited:
Well, speaking for myself, I never sent an adult to tears. And I certainly never went on and on and on and on... for 10+ minutes about whomever I was picking on. This goes so far beyond what I had ever seen like it to this point. What bothers me the most was the "german shepherd clamp-down and never letting go" situation. Good god.

Yours in disbelief,
Tyler

But can you confidently say the same for your entire generation? Remember, you wouldn't have known about this event if it weren't for new tech like cellphone cameras and the internet. Bad stuff now gets spread much easier and much further. Back when you were a kid, unless something like this happened within a mile or two of where you lived (and you knew people who saw it), you wouldn't have known about it.
 
But can you confidently say the same for your entire generation? Remember, you wouldn't have known about this event if it weren't for new tech like cellphone cameras and the internet. Bad stuff now gets spread much easier and much further. Back when you were a kid, unless something like this happened within a mile or two of where you lived (and you knew people who saw it), you wouldn't have known about it.

Exactly.
 
Back in the 50s, our school bus driver carried a brush and a one gallon can of whoop-ass on the bus. If you got out of line, he'd paint a little on ya. Can't say as he ever had to pour the rest on anyone.
 
Back
Top Bottom