• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

did toshiba ever make any good speakers?

I found a set of really nice looking speakers ss-507w don't know anything about them, they look well built,heavy and soild, very nice grills. any help?
 
Register to hide this ad
Does feedback matter? I recommend you participate as the judge. You please your self, not other selves.
 
If you can post up some photos that would help ID them and maybe someone will have some info :)
 
I have a set of ss330w that sound alot better than I thought they would.These are a set of mid seventies floorstanders two way with a 15" woofer.Their sound has kept these hanging around when others have gone.
 
A friend picked-up a pair of Toshibas about 7 years ago.They intrigued me because they had separate terminals on the rear for direct connection with eacn of the individual drivers.Probably for use in conjunction with an active crossover.

I've never gotten to hear them.
 
I remember specifying Toshiba transistors--especially for ouchputs--when redoing a power amp. Best reliability seemed to be a hallmark. Dunno much about their speakers. If they're anything like their semiconductors they must be halfway decent at least...
 
Toshiba, like many Japanese massmarket electronics manufacturers, made some nice speakers. They'd likely be rare to unknown in the US, though.

You might find this thread interesting:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=123647

Onkyo made a line of receivers and amps with separate LF/MR/HF outputs (i.e., essentially a"triamped" receiver/amp) and speakers to go with 'em.

Also check this page :
http://www.audio-heritage.jp/AUREX/index.html
Translation: http://translate.google.com/transla...http://www.audio-heritage.jp/AUREX/index.html

I forgot until I started digging around that Toshiba is a/k/a Aurex on the home front...
 
Last edited:
actually ..toshiba made a very nice budget speaker in the mid 80's...
can't remember what they were called..
they were a 2 way design ...typical brit box configuration and size... apparently they were very good sounding for the money..
toshiba ss-?? something i think :scratch2:
 
Whats interesting about the ones I have is they are a two way with a 15" woofer and rated at only 60 wpc max input.Quite a large speaker for its rated output.They can sound boomy with certain power but very nice with other hi-powered sources.
 
I passed a nice pair of speakers @ Value Village....a while back..$25.00. They were a pair of 2-Way Toshiba's ...10" woofer + dome tweeter...They looked very JBL-ish!!!!
Very nice solid cabinets! Someone diddled with one of the tweeters....poked it! I came back later...but they were gone!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom