• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Do you put the saftey belt when riding the car?

Do you put the safety belt when riding a car?

  • Yes

    Votes: 59 90.8%
  • No

    Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Yes, but only when riding in the front

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Dependens on the situation

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    65

Telecolor 3007

I love old stuff
I do put the saftey belt, unless some taxi (cab) driver puts it out of use.
The thing that annyos me: the front saftey belts at some cars can't be height adjusted..
 
Register to hide this ad
In PA, seat belt law is a secondary offence. In other words, a motorist can't be stopped for failure to wear a seatbelt alone; only in conjunction with an actionable traffic violation.

The irony is that motorcyclists are no longer required to wear helmets. :crazy:
 
Last edited:
I won't get on my bike W/O mostly Full gear, No Leather Pants.
As for my seat belt, I belt it behind me and just use the upper
section across my chest.
 
In Alabama the state police WILL pull you over and write a ticket if your belt ain’t on. 50 dollar fine, all the money goes to their retirement fund, nothing goes on your driving record.
 
Mandatory here in Massachusetts but I've been wearing one forever. Drove a soft top and door CJ for 10+ years that would bounce you out the door if you hit a bump wrong.

As a kid I'm not even sure if the cars had seat belts but we had something better. Mom's arm.
 
I got pulled over by a local mountie a few years back when I pulled out of a beer store. Cop says I pulled you over because I didn't see your seat belt on. I said my car's a 67 Belair and they didn't have shoulder belts back then and if you look closer I'm wearing my lap belt as we speak. I think it was just an excuse to see if I had been drinking (which I wasn't). A month later I got pulled over coming out of the same store by a different cop using the same excuse for pulling me over and I commented that this is getting old. I always wear my belt and haven't been stopped since. :)
 
Here in the UK we're subject to EU regulations with cars, despite no longer being in the EU
Cars are built to be "bossy" now.
I've a 23reg Honda Jazz Crosstar. You can't start it unless you've your seat belt on and the doors are closed And it tells you.
It wants to "grab the wheel" If you move out slightly to overtake a big truck on a motorway, that's filling the adjacent lane. You can stop it doing that, but you have to do it every time you start the car.

It can recognise speed limit signs and if you exceed it slightly, it flashes the "sign" on the dashboard display. Later models go. "beep! beep! beep!" as well and you can't disable it.

The other week I was backing into my drive, but it wouldn't let me put it in "park," as it decided I was too close to the side fence and winged about it. So I had to move it out three inches before I could park it.
 
Back
Top Bottom