• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual CS505-3

greatwhitenorth

New Member
Greetings! I have the chance to purchase a new (still in box, unopened) CS505-3 Dual Turntable. Unable to find much information on them. I don't think they are similar to a CS505-1 - they look different anyway. I am not an expert.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
A dollar less than I'd offer him. :D You gotta see what he expects to get out of it, but it's a nice deck and well worth small sums. How large or small depends on you.
 
I think it is one of the better values in the Dual lineup, given current market prices. The arm headshell has been improved over the earlier 505 series and accepts standard cartridges. The platter is a bit heavier than earlier 505s. Even if new in the box, I would assume the grease has dried up and the belts may have deteriorated. Expect to put a little effort into getting it to tip top shape. This table was considered by British magazines in the 80s to be the best entry level unit in its day. Here is a link with info:

http://wega.we.funpic.de/505-3/

Fernando
 
Wow - been a member for over 3 1/2 years, and it takes a Dual for you to make your first post.

The power of Dual!!
 
Wow - been a member for over 3 1/2 years, and it takes a Dual for you to make your first post.

The power of Dual!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Now that's what I call lurking!
Is it too late to say "Welcome to AK!"?
Tom
 
I have the CS 505-1 and when I replace the cartridge will need to get an ortophon that fits, price around $125. The CS 505-3 has essentially the same system with the exception that the head shell will accept standard 1/2" cartridges, giving you a wider range. Performance wise, I am happy with it. I think you will be happy with it also as the mechanism is very simple and not prone to problems.
 
Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate the advice/opinions. I'm still not sure what to offer him for it. He also has a Shure V15 Type V new in the box. I know I want that......
 
Hi,
What would a cs 505-3 be worth if it was it quite good condition? I found one in my basement, works great.

Thanks
Graeme
 
Back
Top Bottom