• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dumbest thing someone has ever said to you?

A friend once told me that solar energy wasn't a good idea, because if it became widespread, it would deplete the sun!
o_O
Reminds me when summer daylight savings time was introduced in Australia. A person rang talk-back radio and was very upset because the "extra hour" of sunlight would fade her curtains. No amount of explaining by the DJ could convince her that earth would receive the same amount of sunlight, it was only the clock time that would be different.
 
This happened to me two different times in an antique store. The first experience I found a great deal on a piece of desirable glass and was carrying it to the front desk to purchase. A guy walks up to me and asks if I was going to purchase it. No, I thought it looked lonely and decided to take it for a walk..

The next time I found another great deal, this time it was an antique 3'x10' hand woven wool rug from Pakistan. I was at the check out paying for it among other items when this guy walks up and asks if I was going to buy the rug.
 
Here's another one....I'm visiting a customers house for an audit, and she goes to the refrigerator, opens the freezer compartment, takes out the ice tray and dumps it into the back yard. I ask her what she's doing and she replies "if I don't empty out the ice container, the automatic ice maker will keep making ice!"
 
Reminds me when summer daylight savings time was introduced in Australia. A person rang talk-back radio and was very upset because the "extra hour" of sunlight would fade her curtains. No amount of explaining by the DJ could convince her that earth would receive the same amount of sunlight, it was only the clock time that would be different.

And that reminds me of a great talk radio moment here in the states a few years ago when a woman called the station to complain about the location of a Deer Crossing sign. According to her, it was a busy traffic spot so the authorities should move the deer crossing to a better location. The DJs laughed and laughed and tried to explain, but she never got it.
 
Here's a good one. My dad was attending a local government meeting in Tampa, Florida and they were discussing the issue of a new bridge over the intercoastal waterway because the old one was too low to allow for boats to pass under. Some genius proposed dredging out the bottom of the waterway to lower to water level as an alternative. My dad was an engineer and laughed about this for years.
 
I once went to the emergency room with a bone sticking out and the nurse who came over asked “How can we help you?”

I went when I tried to amputate a finger with a car fan once. I had a towel around my hand to keep it from bleeding everywhere. They asked me if I wanted the blood-soaked towel back.
 
Not said to me, but I was looking around in small electronics store in the early 90s, in downtown Chicago.

Two beat cops walk in off the street and one guy asks the gentleman behind the counter, "You got any cameras?"

This being the time of camcorders, video cameras, film cameras, instant cameras, disposable cameras, etc, the guy behind the counter asked the customer, "What kind of camera are you looking for?"

To which the officer who asked the 1st question replied, sarcastically, "The kind that takes pictures, genius! What the hell kinda question is that?"

Still laugh to this day when I think about.
 
Was looking at purchasing a camera one time and noticed the newest version had built in gps. I asked the salesman; "Why would I need gps for a camera? "
"Well, if you were looking at a picture you had taken, that you really liked, you could access the gps to remember where you had been!"
 
I'm not a photographic expert, so I might be wrong about this (please clarify if I'm wrong).

It's my understanding that cameras with gps functions will embed the gps location into the saved photo, which can be extracted using a utility or digital photo editing program with that functionality. It appears the salesperson didn't explain that properly, and rather than saying you can access the gps in the camera to find where a photo was taken, should have explained that you can access the gps info embedded in the photo to find the location where it was taken.

I imagine that feature would be of benefit to wilderness photographers, photojournalists, private investigators and forensic police, and the general public who forgot where a "happy snap" was taken.
 
The comments regarding 3D in previous posts remind me of an incident in a movie theatre. It sounds like a dumb thing being said, however I'm sure it was said with humorous intent.

I was sitting in the movie theatre, waiting for the screening to begin. It was for a 3D movie, and all in the audience had 3D viewing glasses. Many attendees were filling in time waiting by putting the 3D glasses on to see the glasses effect without looking at the 3D film screening.
The young guy in front of me put on his glasses, and held outstretched arms in front of him. He said to his friends "gee, these glasses make everything in front of us look 3D"!
 
The comments regarding 3D in previous posts remind me of an incident in a movie theatre. It sounds like a dumb thing being said, however I'm sure it was said with humorous intent.

I was sitting in the movie theatre, waiting for the screening to begin. It was for a 3D movie, and all in the audience had 3D viewing glasses. Many attendees were filling in time waiting by putting the 3D glasses on to see the glasses effect without looking at the 3D film screening.
The young guy in front of me put on his glasses, and held outstretched arms in front of him. He said to his friends "gee, these glasses make everything in front of us look 3D"!
I'd flip them over for some scenes and the credits to reverse the 3D effect for S&Gs.
 
Many years ago, I was hanging with my pals Scott and Dave at Scott's house. Scott was an only child whose dad was a carpenter. He had a mancave above the garage with a pool table, jukebox, pinball, etc. We were playing three handed hearts, and Dave announced he had to leave at 9:00. Dave went to the rest room at some point around 8:30 and we took it upon ourselves to unplug the clock.
Dave returned and must have looked over at the clock a dozen times in the next hour. At about 10:00 he got up and walked over to the wall where the cord to the clock could be seen dangling near the outlet. His reply,"You F*ckers! When did you unplug the clock?" I think I pissed myself I laughed so hard. Our laughter only made him angrier, since he didn't realize how stupid his question was.

Good times.
 
Back
Top Bottom