• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynaco A25 Speakers

I got a pair about a month ago.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked them or not. They definitely have a different sound than my Smaller Advents. They seem to have more detail and you can pick out bass parts more clearly.

Those are the only two pairs of speakers I have and that's gonna be it. I don't want speakers stacked up all over the place. I'd been curious about them since the '70s.
 
Last edited:
When I owned my A-25's, I liked them better than my Deluxe Advents. Mine got "basement odor", which drove my wife nuts, from too much dampness in my old basement and I am sorry to have had to let them go. They truly were one of the best speakers around.
 
I had a pair about four years ago and like a fool I sold them. I knew I made a mistake as soon as I had done it. I looked for a pair for years after that and was lucky enough to come across a pair of near mint A-25XLs for $40.00 but one of the original SEAS woofers was missing. I got lucky and found another on the bay for around $20.00 on a buy it now deal. I know have a great pair of near mint A-25XLs that I ended up getting for a really great price. My Dynacos are now on the very short list of speakers that I will never get rid of even though I'm not currently using them. Even though I ended up paying very little for mine... I could definitely see paying market value for a pair and being totally alright with it. There's something about the A-25 that is special.
 
I've got 4 pairs of A25's including the original pair I bought in the late 60's and 2 pairs of A10's that no one has enough money to buy off of me and yet I must admit selling a fifth pair yrs ago for more than 3 bills! I would think that is saying a lot of how I think of them!
 
Back
Top Bottom