• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Dynaco a25 Veneer Question

Register to hide this ad
The original A25 speakers are made of SOLID walnut, no veneer at all. Had a pair sold, sold em. Not one of my smarter decisions. Very good sounding speaker by the way.
 
The original A25 speakers are made of SOLID walnut, no veneer at all. Had a pair sold, sold em. Not one of my smarter decisions. Very good sounding speaker by the way.

What's your source for this info, please? I sold them from day 1, never saw any in solid anything.

Even in the '70s, solid wood was just too pricey for anything like this application.
 
Are the Dynaco a25 speakers a teak, walnut or another type of veneer?

Thanks,

Milton

Mine appear to be walnut veneer. Just put a coat of Howard's Restor-a-Finish in Walnut on one that was badly water stained, to the point of being a little wavy on the surface. Rubbed it with 0 steel wool first and then applied one coat and wiped it dry.

I am freakin' amazed at the result!!!! Wish I had taken a before picture to show you all.

Have always stripped the old finish off before and used Watco Danish Oil or something similar to refinish. Howard's takes a fraction of the time and looks amazing. And, the other stuff never removed circles/ghosting/etc.
 
Thanks for the responses! I have finished mine with 0000 steel wool and tung oil. They look absolutely beautiful. The reason that I am asking is I have this crazy idea of putting matching wood veneer on my HK730 to match the speakers. Am I crazy?
 
Dynaco A25T used Teak wood finish. Dynaco A25R used Rosewood finish. Dynaco A25 Oiled Walnut. Dynaco A25VW used Vinyl Walnut. Info from Consumer Guide ca.1976-77?
 
Back
Top Bottom