• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Earlier Cornwall question

Vaughn

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've got a line on the earlier Cornwall with the vertical sqawker locally, are these worthwhile?

I've been looking for a pair to pop locally for about 3 years but I don't want to make a mistake and buy the wrong model:dunno:
 
Register to hide this ad
I think not many people could make a comment about this.

Of course one would have to wonder and I would think many might not like the idea and I'll bet they aren't mirror imaged which would be nice IMO.

But take a good look at this speaker

JBL Synthesis 1400 Array BG loudspeaker

510jbl.1.jpg


A quote from JBL

"The use of exposed, vertically oriented, constant-directivity horns for greater accuracy of reproduction at high listening levels has long been a staple of JBL installations in concert venues around the world. When JBL's chief systems designer, Greg Timbers—see —applied vertical horns to the design of speakers for the home, he found that they increased the three-dimensionality of the speakers' sound-staging."


Makes you wonder doesn't it?

My first problem with the Cornwall would be the crossover networks which would have to go but thats me.

SET12
 
:scratch2:

I assumed the crossover would need some attention or possibly replacement with one of Crites versions.
 
I've got a line on the earlier Cornwall with the vertical sqawker locally, are these worthwhile?

I've been looking for a pair to pop locally for about 3 years but I don't want to make a mistake and buy the wrong model:dunno:

I bought a pair recently and love them. I'd been using KG 5.5's and Heresys before I bought them and they are a huge improvement over either of them.
 
I (like many others) have a pair of "regular" Cornwalls & love them. I've heard great things about the type you're looking at.
If the price is fair I would definitely jump on them.
 
:scratch2:

I assumed the crossover would need some attention or possibly replacement with one of Crites versions.

I purchased new cross overs from Bob Crites :thmbsp:for my 1979 Cornwalls and I used a Ohm meter and checked all the drivers etc. Everything is still in spec.
If the price is right go for them. Ours have been in the family from day one and they are my fronts for our HT system and just for stereo:music:
 
thanks for the responses everyone:tresbon:

Well, I'm not sure what a good price for these is...

I'll head over to the dollars and cents forum to ask in the right place:smoke:
 
Back
Top Bottom