• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Eico's Owner Group

I have an HF-89A which I rebuilt. Here is a blurry picture of it.
attachment.php


So far the circuit is stock, except for the capacitors being a bit larger than the originals.
 
Last edited:
2 Eico HF12s modestly refreshed, cleaned chassis, new paint, polished brass front panel
and 1 in the wings ready for works.
HF85 as previously posted.

we should have an Eico forum.
like that'll ever happen.
 
Last edited:
Eric any under the hood shots? Have you sent the SN# to NOS valves and ask if it was under their care? My friend has one playing a pair of Focals, very nice.
 
well I terminated my yahoo acount. they started sending ads to my non yahoo email
so I dumped them. never used it anyway.
Yahoo that is.
 
Last edited:
That's been pretty much my experience. Whenever I posted by email it displayed my private email and when I tried to log ont the forum, there was always a problem with the password (probably because I didn't use it much).

Eico owners here could just use this thread for specific queries/reports.
 
Eico, a face only a mother could love…ST-40 here. Stamp shows January 1963, original Mullard tubes with all up dates. Smooth!
 
Eric any under the hood shots? Have you sent the SN# to NOS valves and ask if it was under their care? My friend has one playing a pair of Focals, very nice.
Hey doc.
I'll try and get more pictures. No I never did check with nos.
Yes it is a pretty sweet sounding amp. I bought it from a guy on audiogon or u.s. audio mart I can't remember. I've always been happy with it. Eric
 
dandy, maybe we could treat it as a ''sticky'' so it will always be visable.
relying on the thread to be there mite be kinda iffy.
 
It would be good if others could comment on the idea of this being a sticky for general or technical Eico posts, at least to give new members with Eico queries a place to find others on AK. Mhardy, as a major Eico supporter, what do you think? (The opposing argument is that Eico queries can be found with a simple search.) Any thoughts from the moderators?
 
yes I would too but there too many against more manufacturers
so I thought maybe a sticky mite be more acceptable to them.
anyway I doubt anything will ever come of it.
We are in such a minority.
 
Remember when someone post in AK, anywhere, on AK, the Googler will find it. That is one of the problems with the Yahoo forum club. It is in ninja mode. Packard Bell,Eico, easy to find in the tube section.
 
If it makes sense yes I can make this a sticky easy enough?'
(I posted this just before the server issue last time as well) ;)

Doesn't make it it's own Eico forum, but will always be accessible from within the tube forum.
 
Back
Top Bottom