• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Eico's Owner Group

OK, wrong choice of words. difficult but not impossible.
Agree, why not? there other more low level forums I think.
But the sticky is fine with me. at least its a start.
 
Not saying that I necessarily disagree with a specific forum for Eico,

But at some point you make all these separate forums for gear you thin out the tube forum it'self.
How many is to many, how far is to far?

Myself I would like to see some kind of sub-forum within the tube form, or something like that anyway..
(which is why the sticky was created)
 
you did good kegger.
for myself, it is all that's needed.
We can get our Eico fix for whatever reason we have one.
We don't need a forum now.
 
The problem with the yahoo EICO group members as i see it, is that most of them are comfortable there and would not like to have that group disbanded and moved here. But the issue of Yahoo dissolving and losing all the information stored at the group is very possible and precautions should be taken to preserve that info. The files there covers all the tube equipment made by them and also other EICO pieces. Searching the old posts will yield much information on rebuilding EICO equipment. All in all probably the best place to search for any info one needs about EICO tube amps. So, having AK as a new group would definitely help to preserve the EICO legacy. cheers.
 
Ferninando I pop over there about once a week, for years. Never had a problem. Vista firefox. I was worried that Eico info would be lost. Mention that maybe AK could hold all the info. I remember when 4AGE was hacked, lost a lot of info, very sad.
 
well drtool, some folks have no probs with Eico yahoo and thats a good thing.
My experience has been not good from the get go.
Why? Who knows.
anyway it's all acedemic now. I am outa yahoo completely terminated my account.
 
anyone have a Eico 1025 power supply and schematic.
Sure would like to have a schematic. will anyone email to me?

nevermind bought one.
 
Last edited:
2080 is actually better than the st70.
Not night and day. Just better execution and circuit layout. I'd love to have a 2080 with a 70 tube compliment. I could rip apart my 70 and build just that. I just don't have time for a project like that now. And, if I were,going to the bother I think i'd want the Buzzk face set up.
When I queried Dave Gillespie about my 70 and the Tronola article and various versions of builds , he said go with the 2080 circuit. Enough said
 
Back
Top Bottom