• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Empire 598

mukn8r

New Member
i recently found i owned an Empire 598. is it actually a good turntable? also where would i get a value and purchase parts?
 
Register to hide this ad
It's a great table.

114 pages of information here:

 
It's a great table.

114 pages of information here:

thanks for all the information! it will take awhile to digest it all but should answer the questions I have.
That is quite the discovery. Will you share with us how you recently found that you had one?
Truth is I had never heard of Dyna Empire before finding this in my storage shed. It was an inheritance put away long ago. while cleaning recently i ran across it and at first glance it seemed unimpressive. now i am in no way knowledgeable about audio equipment and I consider the old car stereo and Jensen coax speakers in my Camry "Quality" but something about the weight and look of it said I should google it. after that i posted here to get the real story from those who know!
 
@mukn8r

Amazing TT's, Jico make new stylii if you need them. If you're lucky it's already got a cart & stylus?

I'd AVOID USING the magnetic auto lift though, it's tricky to set up & I destroyed a stylus with it, when it yanked it off.

Just tilt it away and don't use it
 
i recently found i owned an Empire 598. is it actually a good turntable? also where would i get a value and purchase parts?

Nice find! Post some photos including of the tone arm and cartridge if you can.
 
Back
Top Bottom