• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ever turned 100,000 miles over on a Car

Have you ever turned over 100,000 miles on a car

  • Yes, and I put all 100,000 miles on myself

    Votes: 374 72.3%
  • Yes, but it was purchased used and already had miles on it

    Votes: 198 38.3%
  • No, never turned a car over 100,000

    Votes: 9 1.7%
  • No, always sell or trade prior to 100,000

    Votes: 8 1.5%

  • Total voters
    517
I typically buy a car for the long haul, so I'd expect any new car I purchased to go over 100k with no issues. Due to the reliability of modern cars, I think 200k is the new 100k.
yes, agree, especially if you live in a salt free area, and can fathom the idea that maintenance saves money over time. my 2007 g35 sedan with 6speed manual is still fun af. straight up fun
 
I've probably put over 100K on every vehicle I've ever purchased. My wife on the other hand trades every time her current vehicle needs a wash job. :)
 
62 Galaxy 500 4 door sedan, 71 LTD 4 sedan, 78 LTD Landau 4 door sedan. 87 F350 4 door with 7.3 liter diesel, that blew up once did. 2001 & 1/2 Dodge Ram Diesel reached over 100,000. The 84 Airstream travel trailer did it twice, the 98 and 2004 Diesel high line Country Coach motor homes did, too. The new 18 model Ram only has 33 000 now And I don't think It will ever reach 100,000. The 24 MDX won't either. The 03 and 07 Honda Odyssey's did, but the 2012 CRV did not. If I win the lottery I'll buy another Air Stream travel trailer then the `18 diesel will reach 100,000 miles. 600 miles a week is easy when traveling with an Airstream travel trailer. Set the cruise control and go! If you get on I-40 and don't drive 75 you get run over. I-10 in Texas is 80 mph. Only takes me 7.5 hours to reach San Antonio from El Paso, Texas.
 
62 Galaxy 500 4 door sedan, 71 LTD 4 sedan, 78 LTD Landau 4 door sedan. 87 F350 4 door with 7.3 liter diesel, that blew up once did. 2001 & 1/2 Dodge Ram Diesel reached over 100,000. The 84 Airstream travel trailer did it twice, the 98 and 2004 Diesel high line Country Coach motor homes did, too. The new 18 model Ram only has 33 000 now And I don't think It will ever reach 100,000. The 24 MDX won't either. The 03 and 07 Honda Odyssey's did, but the 2012 CRV did not. If I win the lottery I'll buy another Air Stream travel trailer then the `18 diesel will reach 100,000 miles. 600 miles a week is easy when traveling with an Airstream travel trailer. Set the cruise control and go! If you get on I-40 and don't drive 75 you get run over. I-10 in Texas is 80 mph. Only takes me 7.5 hours to reach San Antonio from El Paso, Texas.
Those Texas Interstates shouldn't have speed limits in my rather biased opinion, just speed differential limits, don't blow past somebody. Eighty is pretty good though, like in Idaho.
 
Former 2005 E46 330xi owner here.

Bought it in 2012 w/90k miles on it (don’t judge!)

Added 140,000 miles on top of that in 5 1/2 years. Replaced ball joints & CV axles far more than the engine ever needed maintenance aside from oil changes every 10k miles, brake rotors/pads & spark plug changes & secondary air system replacement (I did all of these myself). I was also still rocking the original “lifetime” transmission fluid that somehow did not leak in my vehicle.

Traded it in at the end of 2017 with almost 230k miles (!) for next to nothing.

Hoping my modern 2018 430i (currently with 50k miles) gets to at least 1/2 of that 330xi’s lifespan!
 
Most folks driving SUV's and sedans set their Cruise controls at 5 miles per hour over the speed limit on the high ways of Texas. In the cities on the surface streets most people stick to the posted speed limits but on the Freeways and Interstates depending on the time of the day and if people are going to or from work they will easily blow by the speed limit signs at 15 mph over the speed limits. Thats providing almost every one else is running 8 to 10 mph over the limit. That includes most of the 18 wheelers, too.
 
Most folks driving SUV's and sedans set their Cruise controls at 5 miles per hour over the speed limit on the high ways of Texas. In the cities on the surface streets most people stick to the posted speed limits but on the Freeways and Interstates depending on the time of the day and if people are going to or from work they will easily blow by the speed limit signs at 15 mph over the speed limits. Thats providing almost every one else is running 8 to 10 mph over the limit. That includes most of the 18 wheelers, too.
Fifteen over eighty is ninety five and they write tickets but eighty five is considered flow of traffic. Talking Interstate speeds. Truck limit is seventy and most use it. I set cruise at either seventy seven or eighty three, depending on traffic.
 
Fifteen over eighty is ninety five and they write tickets but eighty five is considered flow of traffic. Talking Interstate speeds. Truck limit is seventy and most use it. I set cruise at either seventy seven or eighty three, depending on traffic.

All I know is that ... "fifteen will get you twenty, that's alright":)

RIP James Buffett
 
Last edited:
All I know is that ... "fifteen will get you twenty, that's alright":)

RIP James Buffett
Car thread, hope it's okay to say love Jimmy Buffett. His double live album 'You Had to be There' is excellent. RIP Mr. Buffett, thank you for the life of your songs and music.
 
Car thread, hope it's okay to say love Jimmy Buffett. His double live album 'You Had to be There' is excellent. RIP Mr. Buffett, thank you for the life of your songs and music.

That "Livingstone Saturday Night" line was the first thing popped into my head when I read your "Fifteen over eighty is ninety five" comment. I knew it was a niche joke, but I also knew you would get it.

Sorry for the car thread disruption...
 
2000 Ford F150. Put on just shy 400000 miles. All but the first 3000 when i bought it. Gave it to my neighbor across the street. Died the next week.
 
Sadly, my Acura TL died at just over 400k. Clutch/transmission issue. Engine was fine, and it’s the only car that NEVER burned any oil. Full sump full when changing oil after 6-7k miles. Sad to see that wonderful VTech engine go to the yard
 
My bought new 1986 Jeep Wagoneer had 525k on it when I sold it for $500 still running. Yes 525k

Had the 2.8L V6 with Crossfire Injection. No frame rot nothing wrong with it. Always oil change at 3k miles. I think I replaced starter once waterpump one and U joints. Of course brake pads whenever they needed them

Oh, I changed the tranny filter and fluid around every 15k. I have always done my own mechanical to
 
Last edited:
My bought new 1986 Jeep Wagoneer had 525k on it when I sold it for $500 still running. Had the 2.8L V6 with Crossfire Injection. No frame rot nothing wrong with it. Always oil change at 3k miles. I think I replaced starter once
Wow, that ought to set a record.
 
Have turned 100K on multiple Hondas. On used and new. They seem to run forever, my brother has 250K on his Pilot, I have 105K on mine.
 
I/ve added between 150/160k (km) to this diesel drinking bad boy by now.
Over that time (5+ years now): 1 failed EGR recirculation pump, 1 worn wheel hub.
And consumables like tires, oil and break pads of course.
Which makes it my most reliable car so far, knock on wood.

Its clocked around 340k (km) in total and I'm planning to keep it around for a long time.
BMW330d at Zeljava Airbase.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom