• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fair price for a Pioneer SX-1250?

mpitts

New Member
There are two people in my area selling Pioneer SX -1250 receivers.

Both look to be in very nice physical condition and have all features working.

So what's a fair price to pay for an unserviced SX-1250?
 
Register to hide this ad
Seen these go from $600-$1200. Top dollar serviced and I mean serviced capped everything . Look for clues when buying original owner ,ask if it's been serviced if not lower offer, dings,dents scratches anything negative,helps with a asking price . Point these facts out to the seller . With that being said back in 2007 I bought one for $650 and pristine condition with receipt of service ,like new . Sold it for almost double . Good luck! Should have kept it at least to say I owned one .
 
I wonder if it's the same two that I've been looking at. The first has been on for a while at an extremely fair price, but the Seller is totally unresponsive to requests for photos, meetings, etc. His ad says to call or email him for pictures yet he doesn't list a phone number.

The other is a more recent listing at the highest end of the range. It doesn't say anything about being serviced, just that it "works great". It's out of my price range anyway so I have not tried contacting the Seller.

I need another receiver like the proverbial hole in the head since I already have 3 Pioneers and a Marantz, but from what I have read this particular rig is a "holy grail" unit among AK'ers.
 
Thanks to everyone who responded. I should have searched the forum first and apologize for not doing so.

I appreciate everyone's time and opinion.
 
Back
Top Bottom