• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher 500 Switches on the X100-B

Register to hide this ad
Slide Sorry.

Going out on a limb... I'd say, if they fit physically and cosmetically and IF they are functionally correct (meaning the same 'throw and contact' arrangement... go for it. Slide switches, in my experience are pretty interchangable. I don't think you'd run into any voltage or amperage issues.

I'm presuming that you have a parts 500 there.. or are these switches you bought used ? Just curious.
 
Last edited:
No, they were on the Bay, but I let them go because I wasn't sure if they would
fit.

tube

well, that's the trick, isn't it.. *hehe* :smoke: Having the stuff in hand is very helpful.

Aren't the Fisher switch tips brown ? Seems to me that todays manufacturers (Chinese people, I guess) deliver the goods in BLACK AND WHITE only. But somewhere, you'll eventually find brown. Probably used. Don't you have at least one electronics surplus store in your area ? Like a Ham shop, er sompin ?
 
They're dpdt switches.
The stalks are either kind of dark bakelite purple or black, depending on the unit.
They're universal from what I've seen.
 
Other switches don't work because the length of the stalk is longer than a lot of electronics supply switches. They have to make it through the faceplate.
 
Back
Top Bottom