• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher X100 tube Amp

tube-a-lou

Addicted Member
Hi all,
On a fisher X100 there are two knobs on front and they say
"Low Level" those are both for loudness in the phono section
or other??:scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
Like this ??

That's some kinda amp, pal! :yes:

x100-pic1.jpg
 
Hi to all AK members, I'm new in here
on x-100 shematic I have the 250k R5 and R6 pots are marked "magnetic input level"
so you are right it is for phono section
 
No, the cabinet is from mcintoshcabinets.com. He does good work. My Fisher was completely recapped, too. Sounds killer, though!
 
I have the same KX-100 amp... with a Fisher cabinet.
I recapped it and put in new rectifrier diodes. Sounds terrific!

The only other issue was that the person who assembled the kit wired the headphones jack backward. I had to do some wire sneakin' to get left left, and right right.

But I did it. Close quarters in there...yep.
 
Hi all,
I got one, I think it's a good deal on the Bay, the only thing is it might need a
Power Transformer which isn't to bad, I'll check everything else when it gets here,
lately these guys are going for at least $300 to $400 on the bay so will add pictures
and other things when it gets here. Anybody have schematics or info on the power
transformer they can give me would be great.

Tube

Update: Heyboer doesn't have the plans for the X100 power transformer would
another transformer from another transformer work in this amp.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Hi all,
I got one, I think it's a good deal on the Bay, the only thing is it might need a
Power Transformer which isn't to bad, I'll check everything else when it gets here,
lately these guys are going for at least $300 to $400 on the bay so will add pictures
and other things when it gets here. Anybody have schematics or info on the power
transformer they can give me would be great.

Tube

Update: Heyboer doesn't have the plans for the X100 power transformer would
another transformer from another transformer work in this amp.

Thanks

$400 is what I just paid for my X-101 there.It works,but has never been tweaked or overhauled.I have never worked on any tube gear before,so I'm afraid to touch it.There are two more 101 on eBay,one is $800 and has been upgraded.The other is at $162.50,with 16 bids,and one day to go.The seller says

Unfortunately I could not get any sound from the unit. It powers up and looks like all tubes are lit but that was the extent of my testing and I'll sell as parts or repair since I cannot guarantee it's electrical condition. Would be a nice start for a resto project.

I never bought one of these Fishers before either,do 101's usually sell for more than 100s?
 
Sometime they do, last week a X100B with a cabinet went for a $420.00, so it
really depends, And you should really change the Can Caps and the coupling caps
in the amp, it will sound a lot better and be safer to run. Plus I saw those two on
there, the one for $162.50 will go up the last 30secs.

Tube
 
Back
Top Bottom