• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Forte II passive radiator cone

851 SP3

Active Member
Picked up an orphan Forte II for cheap. The passive is in bad shape. Are replacement cones available?
 
Register to hide this ad
You can get a recone kit for these from Simply Speakers. About 40 each if I remember right. I have the part numbers at home. I will update this thread when I find them.
 
You can get a recone kit for these from Simply Speakers. About 40 each if I remember right. I have the part numbers at home. I will update this thread when I find them.

Much appreciated. I went there myself with your info and found them. Looks like they offer the service but, I am not finding just the parts for a DIY. I'll email them. Thanks again.


Check Bob Crites?

Just sent him an email. Can't find it listed but, his site isn't the easiest to wade through.
 
Bob responded just now (less than three minutes from my email) and says he does not and doesn't know where. He did suggest contacting Klipsch to see if the F III uses the same item (or one very close). Duh, why didn't I think of that?!?
 
I have a buddy at Voxx. I'll see if they are available.

Meanwhile, here is my reply from Ryan at SS.

Hello,


Yes, the kits are $49 plus $10 to ship. Part # RK-KLPKD15


Order here:

http://www.simplyspeakers.com/special-order-parts.html



Be sure to add a glue kit if needed. Part # MI-Combo for $20.95. Contains all four recone adhesives.


Regards,

Sean Ryan and the crew at Simply Speakers

Phone: 727-571-1245
Fax: 727-526-2096

Simply Speakers
2860 23rd Ave N
St. Petersburg, FL 33713
 
I, too, got the same info from SS. So, I'm in for roughly $85. I can live with that. Would still be interesting what the response will be from Vox.
 
your Forte passive is in rough shape but there is no reason that it could not be properly repaired back to good working condition. someone might want to do so, why not let it go for the cost of postage and help keep hard to find parts in circulation?
 
I, too, got the same info from SS. So, I'm in for roughly $85. I can live with that. Would still be interesting what the response will be from Vox.

Called my bro in law at Voxx about the passives and didn't get a good answer. They did try to sell me a new set of Forte III's though. Trying to resist. My guess is there are service parts available. I'll keep trying to get the info just so we know.
 
Got a reply from Klipsch and the answer from them is that they don't have complete passives for the F IIs, parts to repair them, and that the F III's items aren't the same. So, Simply Speakers it is.
 
your Forte passive is in rough shape but there is no reason that it could not be properly repaired back to good working condition. someone might want to do so, why not let it go for the cost of postage and help keep hard to find parts in circulation?

That's pretty much where I'm at with the cabinet. It's empty and needs/deserves to be re-veneered. But, it is in great condition otherwise. I've had it on CList locally for a week with no interest yet. It would kill me to throw it out. I'd like it out of my garage and into someone's shop.
 
Cabinet off to a new home where it will be revived and used as a center channel unit between two of its siblings. Happy ending.
 
Back
Top Bottom