• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Forte II Cabinets

CallMeJoe

Over Modulator
I just acquired a set of Forte II components and need to build a cabinet. Can anyone help me with the internal dimensions? I need to get the correct volume for tuning the woofer and passive radiator.
 
Register to hide this ad
That page gives the external dimensions of the cabinet; it doesn't specify the thickness of the materials used on the various sides or the height of the integral riser.
I'd already printed that picture and had extrapolated approximately 3.4" riser height, giving an actual cabinet height of 32". Assuming 3/4" thickness and a 1/2" front panel inset, I would have ~ 4690 cubic inch interior volume. I was hoping someone would have more precise figures so I could jettison my assumptions.

I may give Klipsch customer service a try, unless one of the PWK cognoscenti (paging Mr. Crites?) weights in...
 
I heard the page, but don't really have any info on the dimensions you want.
Bob Crites
I appreciate the response nonetheless. You'll likely hear from me in a few months when I decide I have to get some of those titanium diaphragms everyone recommends so highly...
 
You may want to try the Klipsch forums.
I've posted my inquiry over in the Klipsch Community, with the same success I've had here. Everyone keeps referring me to the exterior dimensions on Klipsch's Forte and Forte II pages, but no one seems to have the actual dimensions or the other information (integral riser height, cabinet material thickness, front panel inset) that would help me make a more accurate calculation.
 
Last edited:
Gil McDermott over at the Klipsch Community just posted actual measurements of a Forte II cabinet! :banana:

For anyone else interested:
Height 81.3 cm (32"), Width 42 cm (16.5"), Depth 31 cm (12.2"), Motorboard inset 0.6 cm (0.24") and Material thickness 1.8 cm (.71")
These measurements exclude the integral riser, and yield an interior volume of 80.0 liters (4880 cubic inches), rounded to 3 figures.

Now to work out a cutting pattern! I have one already that gets two cabinets out of a single sheet of plywood, but only if the grain runs front-to-back on the top, bottom and sides...
 
Back
Top Bottom