• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Function lights dead on 2240

Batan

New Member
The function bulbs on my Marantz 2230 are dead as well as the stereo indicator. The main tuner/meter lights are fine, I just upgraded them to LEDs. Is there a common fuse for function lights?
 
Register to hide this ad
If you don't see a board with several glass fuses inside the unit, it probably doesn't have a fuse for these bulbs. Fuse boards are mostly in international units. Most likely, if the function bulbs worked before the LED upgrade, a wire got broken or a short was made on the function light board. It looks like the power to the function board comes through the meter lamps. Look for a broken wire on the back of the meter lamps, or a pinched wire in the same area, since you had to remove some screws and a panel and put it back together.
 
Thank you. Steven. Actually, yes, there is a board with fuses. (This is a Canadian Marantz) They looked ok but I used haven't checked. I thought it would be somewhere else. I'm assuming it's the 0.5A fuse for this?
The bulbs did not work before the swap, either. I will be getting back into it to me investigate as well as to go fiddle with the colour of the bulbs.
 
+1
BB.jpg
See above.
 
Visually, yes. But that's as far as I got inspecting it. Foolishly I thought a smallismall fuse for this would be elsewhere, if it even existed.
Well be sure to ohm it out with a DMM. And if it is intact, then you need to trace to where the voltage stops.
 
Back
Top Bottom