• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Garrard Lab 80

Yes lets bring a thread back from the dead. I picked up a beat up LAB80 recently for free (along with 5 Dual turntables) and i like the look of it. Im not sure if i will restore it or move it along but this thread has me thinking deeply before i make my decision.
IMG_20241213_001730047_HDR.jpg
 
I have been working on my Lab 80 quite a bit lately to get it as quiet as possible and uploading the audio to youtube. I have never heard another youtuber upload Lab 80 content taken from the pre-amp as I am doing, but I haven't listened to everything on youtube either. Directly from the pre-amp is the best way to hear only the turntable, not the amp,speakers and mostly the room! The sound recorded from a phone camera in the room is never very good, so I decided to make a youtube channel featuring very old turntables playing records from the same era recorded from pre-amp output. Use headphones if you can. Hope this helps you make your decision about what to do with your Lab 80. Maybe you won't like what you hear and that is okay.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom