• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Getting older - Did your music taste change? I think mine is starting to. why?

Yea i like a lot of the same stuff you do, I can do hair bands all day, throw in some collective soul and maybe some R&B and oldies and im good!

Lately I have been playing a lot of YouTube videos, IDK why i got hooked on old Stevie B tracks but it is what it is.




This is me in the evenings ^^^ LOL
My thing, lately, is zydeco and swamp pop music from the local area. We have an FM station, KBON, that plays all of it all day long. On Sunday they open the way back vault and play REAL Cajun music. I love it all.

 
My thing, lately, is zydeco and swamp pop music from the local area. We have an FM station, KBON, that plays all of it all day long. On Sunday they open the way back vault and play REAL Cajun music. I love it all.


Ill have to check this out when I am off work, I did get into MIPOSO and Mandolin Orange or "Watchtower" years back, MIPOSO has some Dark Haller Pop that is really good. Have not listened to them in a good few years.

Ill for sure give this a try this evening!!
 
I have yet to get bored with my music selections. Most of the older stuff I listen to takes me back to younger days....and I like reminiscing. I listen to very little new music. I have no interest in most of it. Rap doesn't work for me......I can't deal with most of the lyrics, and I am an OLD SAILOR! :rflmao:New country is just rap about cows. I will admit,[] some new artists, and I use that term very loosely,[/b] have sparked my interest. But not enough for me to throw away my Hair Band albums!! SO I guess I am an old stuck in the mud, gonna listen to Fooled Around and Fell in Love and remember the HS girls!
They're artists. Just some whose work isn't for you. Still creating something from whole cloth.
 
I've always had pretty diverse tastes in music, but I've noticed that I'm enjoying things I used to be lukewarm about. So much music that I wrote off at the time because it was "popular" or for old people. Listening to top 40 songs from the 70's to 90's, and comparing it to the slop being made today, has been really eye opening. Even the one hit wonders were written by talented people, and performed by great singers and/or proper musicians.

Now get off my lawn.
 
I like spending time on BandCamp and really enjoy melodic atmospheric black doom metal but most anything comes into my feed as I follow people who like interesting to me music. So that could be anything. Genre bending music is interesting. So that is a huge change for me. That started in my early 60s.
Every night I listen to classical music especially organ and choir for an hour or two before I go to bed. And I search for albums with fantastic recordings that produce psychoacoustic center imaging and biggest sound stage. I put those albums in the play again stack.
I quit streaming other than my BandCamp collection and BandCamp in general. That is where I am at now.
 
Per the discussion above regarding Rap ... Shrugs .... I'm 72 and eclectic. Most of it I don't listen to, but there are a few I like, especially when I'm out in the garage futzin!. Warren G - Regulate, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dog and a few things from Eminem. There's a number or two from others, but honestly, not many to be sure. If it's got a good hook or smooth flow I can follow.

Garry~
 
Per the discussion above regarding Rap ... Shrugs .... I'm 72 and eclectic. Most of it I don't listen to, but there are a few I like, especially when I'm out in the garage futzin!. Warren G - Regulate, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dog and a few things from Eminem. There's a number or two from others, but honestly, not many to be sure. If it's got a good hook or smooth flow I can follow.

Garry~

A lot of the tracks you mentioned are older rap, I’m a fan of 90s hip hop it’s just a lot of modern stuff I dislike.
 
I'm 71 so I grew up listening to rock/pop through the 60s and about halfway through the 70s. When disco came out, I realized it wasn't for me and I switched to listening to mostly country. I got my first CD player in the 90s so I started buying old rock and country to listen to. Since that time, I have started listening to bluegrass, early rock, early country, folk and gospel. The newer the music is the less apt I am to want to listen to it.

I love Badfinger, I really rated them.
 
I have his 1st few albums on vinyl, my brother in law is a big fan of Eminem. I gave him most of my Em albums to him a while back. I think I kept his 1st 2.

If you're from Metro Detroit and approximately my age you're pretty much required to be a fan. Everyone in town has a story about him, or more often, Kim. The 90's were wild.
 
Back
Top Bottom