• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

GIGANTIC Tube Lot on Milwaukee Craigslist--$25,000

First off, I think it's two pictures of one amp. It's an Ampex 6516 theater amp, 30W pp 807 and meant to be rack mounted.

6516.16.jpg

Nice!
 
Interesting that the description says that this gear "is a recent pull from a theater."

It's hard to imagine that any movie theater structure has sat, untouched, for 30 years without someone raping it before now.
 
Now THAT is interesting, especially the Oregon location. I wonder which one of these is legitimate, or if both are.
 
agreed. for $25k, he's gonna have to do far better at itemizing than the half assed method he's done so far.

i can't tell if we are talking MOR altec stuff or WE 416's with 555 drivers. who knows!

Robby
 
Looks like he might have cleared out a radio station, too.

I see a couple QRK turntables, sans arms.

And what looks to be the size of an AR3a, but older....AR1 maybe?
 
Interesting that the description says that this gear "is a recent pull from a theater."

It's hard to imagine that any movie theater structure has sat, untouched, for 30 years without someone raping it before now.


I know of (2) near me and no, I'm not telling where.

:beatnik:

Lot of towns that time moved on, theaters closed, and sit idle now.
 
One thing cool is that you can see more shots of the IPC AM-1001's in his eBay listing. Do you see the one that is upside down? They had rack attachments on them so they could slide-out of the rack and flip over for service like a drawer. Very cool design. The steel arms were nickel plated too.

OT, my AM-1001's came out of the Star-Lite Drive-In (North Reading, MA) and pulled just before the projection booth was bulldozed. I'd been watching the demo proceed for a few days but the gate was always locked on the job site. I was on my way somewhere and the gate was open so I drove in and walked over to the crew boss & asked him if I could look in the booth. He said yes and I saw the gear in there, AM-1001's & IPC 1026's. I asked if I could have them and he gave me 10 minutes to take what I wanted. The only tools I had in my car were the sleazy screwdriver that came with the Toyota tire change kit and a set of pliers but I got it done. It was August and I still recall being wringing wet afterwards I was working so frenetically.
 
Back
Top Bottom