• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Going Digital!

How about some pics of the little wonder!

Perfectly at home in big systems with much more expensive gear!

MyhmYU5l.jpg


kZIv2KUl.jpg
 
Here he takes a look at the Micro DSD...showing them how small it is.

04.jpg


and now he has put it into the system....you can see it in front of the computer....perfectly at home with gear costing thousands more.

03.jpg
 
can you see the Micro over there in the corner besides the preamp?

11703581_885955014773575_8354346278365877507_o.jpg


Let me get a better shot! Oh...theres the little wonder...hanging out with the big boys!

11143252_885955008106909_6724399516337347584_o.jpg
 
I'm Abso!utely loving it guys............, let's continue onwards shall we.

Nice photos Brotha B. But I knew it was hard for you to tear away from spending quality time with your family to post them, which is why I've formed the sense of respect I've for you as a very moral person to whom has calmed the beast within me of late as a result of knowing you.

May the Creator continue to watch over you and yours in the seconds|minutes|hours|days|weeks|months|years|decades|enos to come.

Not neglecting anyone else whom sees this, but this is more of an older Brotha to younger Brotha thing going on here.

Okay back on point now.

Wonderful topic and one that has proven very insightful over the course of the last 10 months for me, to say the least.
 
As always with attention to detail when it comes to isolating every component as well as the stands in my system, I felt the need to share this concept with those of you whom might've missed it?:

http://www.hifi-advice.com/Artesania-FiniteElemente-SolidTech-Radius-racks-review.html

Yes............, some might see it as extreme!, but when it comes to getting the best from ones system as opposed to replacing components as if they're underwear - these devices then become rather cost effective, and in reality can unlock the beauty within said components and stands enough to allow the end user many many many more years of happiness with their systems as they are.

Just food for thought.

Now where's my iFi Audio Micro Pro DAC?, that's what I'm looking forward to Santa bringing my way at years end.

Now........., back to our regular scheduled program, except for on the West Coast where re-runs of Seinfeld will be shown in its entirety.

Isolation is just as important as said components, lest you're content in having say your $5.000 preamp|power amp and source sitting atop those 50 cent bumpers from Home Depot that is?, and simply aren't aware they're vibrating all over the place.
 
Oscar,

If I had the cash, right now, this is the stand I would get.

harmonicsxr.jpg


It is from HRS and I have heard what it can do for the sound of a system....


Hi Dave,

And seeming that I've heard this companies wares over the years..........., I'd have to say that's a great choice indeed. I like their disc couplers and plates as well.
 
I think you would be hard pressed to find a more analog sounding DAC than the yulong D18. Be sure to use the XLR out it sound much better and richer than the single ended out (I use xlr to rca cables). I love my D18 and have no desire to upgrade. . The d18 is very picky about the digital signal it is fed, it will only take a very low jitter source. It does not take the optical out from my flat screen. My old usb/spdif converter was cheap and the sinal would drop out a couple times a minute. Now I use the Yulong u18 usb/spdif converter and it works great. Not only did the drop outs stop after upgrading to the u18, but the sound improved noticeably in soundstage and imaging.
I wrote to Yulong about using a XLR to RCA cable on the D200 and this is exactly what they wrote back "XLR - RCA is no good, such a tieline might damage the D200" What would be any difference in the D18?
 
Last edited:
this box replaces the previous PSU. This is suppose to be better than the REGEN......but seeing it just dropped earlier this week, no reviews yet.
 
And truth be told............, it's this company that started the concept of offering clean USB power to begin with, but merely had the Regen expand upon a few areas that iFi Audio overlooked, but have now corrected and in reality................., I'd wager it's going to move the goal post much much further back still.

In other word..........., " Touch Down " " Score ", and ahead by 3 points, but 3 points in any sport is enough to win the game........, correct?.
 
Now if I only had the cash...... :D


Dave,

You'd always buy my Regen once it arrives next month, as I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and obtain one of these instead.........., yes, I believe in this companies abilities to correct their mistakes that much.

And God knows, I've spent this amount on power cords and isolation feet, but to put matters into perspective - it could be worst, like an actual component replacement that would put one back say $4.000, in that light............, $400 is pocket change.

And by the way............., say Hello to your beautiful wife on our account.

:scratch2:_o scar
 
I just received the REGEN . I have two iUSB s . Now this one is about $ 400.00
I will wait and see . My next step is upgrading the computer power supply .
I don't want to waist money on lateral moves . So far I have been climbing up the SQ
Ladder . The thing I like about the new IFI usb 3.0 is it outputs more power for the IDSD
I believe the combo of the two would be killer . That puts you in the $ 900.00 range
It may be smart to wait for the IFI pro model to come out .
 
I just received the REGEN . I have two iUSB s . Now this one is about $ 400.00
I will wait and see . My next step is upgrading the computer power supply .
I don't want to waist money on lateral moves . So far I have been climbing up the SQ
Ladder . The thing I like about the new IFI usb 3.0 is it outputs more power for the IDSD
I believe the combo of the two would be killer . That puts you in the $ 900.00 range
It may be smart to wait for the IFI pro model to come out .

Hi Rich,

Great point on waiting for the release of the Micro Pro, as I do see that as the route that I'm willing to pursue in the new year, seeming as if I'm more then content with my system and by being a believer in the Source first rule has never left me from my days in the camps of Linn|Naim it seems this rule still applies.

So in the mean times, let's get ready to " Rumble ", because the blows are about to be landed, and not being a gambler, I'll be a mere observer on this one, but it's going to get ugly.
 
I am going back to go to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in two weeks. That's where I picked up my iDSD DAC from the iFI guys last year and started talking to Byron on how great it sounded. I would bet they will be showing and selling the new iUSB3.0 and the new iDAC2 this year at RMAF? Does this mean my Regen and power supply will be up for sale in a month or two? I am totally digging the iTube and the extra resolution it brings to the table in my system. Might have to pick up the iUSB3.0 if they have them for sale at RMAF.
 
Lee I belive these IFI devices are built with Aliien technology . I is a conspiracy to help
Us part with our money .
 
Back
Top Bottom