• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Going Digital!

Hi Lee Harvey|Rich,

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, yet I'm a firm believer that once again in my mind iFi merely missed the ball the first time around and is about to correct their mistakes big time, I don't see it as a means of asking those whom have invested in their earlier wares to pay through the nose, as $400 isn't much in my book, but I'm intending upon sitting back and see what both Lee Harvey and Byron have to say about the newer iUSB3.0 while I take arrival of my Keces DC-116 LPS unit to use with both the Mac Mini and Regen and chill knowing another option is within reach.

And being that I'm very very involved in Sci-Fi movie collecting, as well as seen my share of Anicent Aliens, I too know there's something out there, and we've never been alone in the cosmic, yet all things being equal............., technology is advancing faster in all areas of life around us, and stemmed from somewhere other the mad German or Asian scienctific minds I'd say, but color me open-minded, and am constantly questioning whom are true creators were?, and have always been the sort of person whom ask the question

" What If? ".

Lest we continue to believe what's written, as opposed to lunderstanding the truth behind the markings or clues left upon walls in caves by those whom were here to live said events and see them firsthand, anyways.............., back on topic as I'm awaiting Star Trek 3 to make its release known, as I love 'em.
 
Still running with the Big Dogs!

iphono and iTube!

20150817101304.jpg



Have a listen


https://vimeo.com/136186328

https://vimeo.com/139787072

https://vimeo.com/136668559
 
Last edited:
Still running with the Big Dogs!

iphono and iTube!

20150817101304.jpg



Have a listen


https://vimeo.com/136186328

https://vimeo.com/139787072

https://vimeo.com/136668559

****.............., You'd be so nice to come home to indeed.

And little Brotha, once again I'm been perching to you about this Kuzma Turntable since I've known you............, and the iPhono is doing their cartridge more then enough justice from where I sit.

I'm impressed, now where's my :smoke: and a towel to dry off with?.
 
If the DIY DAC is you thang..have at it.....but we are going, or gone digital with iFI products around these parts.
 
If the DIY DAC is you thang..have at it.....but we are going, or gone digital with iFI products around these parts.

IFi 4 Life.

As I just believe part of its magic is due once again to the way it's voiced.

But just a constant reminded for my younger Brotha, as per discussions on either the Keces DC-116 or HDPlex, doesn't it look nice just sitting here on the floor on the lower photo?, makes a person want to commit to obtaining one doesn't it?:

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-...es-integrita-c4-sablon-audio-acoustic-revive/

Brotha B.............., stop sleeping on getting some sort of LPS added to your IUSB as it stands, you'll be in for quite a shock.

Peace Mi Brotha.

:yes:_oh
 

You'd be much better served if by nothing else, then swinging for the Nano iDSD DAC and calling it a day, once again it's in the implementation as well as the voicing, not all DACs are built equally, and in the end we tend to get what we pay for................., but ever so often something comes along at a decent price which punches well above its weight class it's shocking................, sort of like Floyd Merriweather continues to win fights, yet can't hit hard enough to punch himself out of a paperback, or is it just because of his ring awareness he out slicks his opponents?.

The Nano is slick in this same manner, it wins where it counts............, to ones ears as how it presents the fiber of each and every musical note as if it has intent and a purpose, and not just by producing sounds similar to music, but actually quite beautifully done by the way.

Not a fan boy by any sketch, but I can hear, and hearing is believing, is it not?.

:nono:_o scar
 
You'd be much better served if by nothing else, then swinging for the Nano iDSD DAC and calling it a day, once again it's in the implementation as well as the voicing, not all DACs are built equally, and in the end we tend to get what we pay for................., but ever so often something comes along at a decent price which punches well above its weight class it's shocking................, sort of like Floyd Merriweather continues to win fights, yet can't hit hard enough to punch himself out of a paperback, or is it just because of his ring awareness he out slicks his opponents?.

The Nano is slick in this same manner, it wins where it counts............, to ones ears as how it presents the fiber of each and every musical note as if it has intent and a purpose, and not just by producing sounds similar to music, but actually quite beautifully done by the way.

Not a fan boy by any sketch, but I can hear, and hearing is believing, is it not?.

:nono:_o scar

I want to pull the trigger, but I wanna do it right!
shall I go iFi micro iDSD or iFi Nano iDSD :scratch2:
 
I want to pull the trigger, but I wanna do it right!
shall I go iFi micro iDSD or iFi Nano iDSD :scratch2:

Doing it right in my mind entails looking into either said Micro iDSD, or the newer Micro iDAC 2 and iPurifier Bundle ( $380 ) I believe, as I see|hear Class A circuitry as akin to the finer points of tubes by adding a warmer more golden type of presentation that's beautifully refined and less offensive in nature, much like the differences between OFC compared to OCC Copper............., and while some don't hear said differences, they're quite clear to those whom prefer a sense of dimensional and spaciousness added to the overall texture of the notes themselves.

Class A is the closest one can get to the purity of tube sound, minus the maintenance. Your call, but as you've said this is one of those things where you'll go with a gut check, it simply comes down to if you want a smaller, more compact size, or fuller sized ride in the end, as with an automobile.............., I'm more inclined to go with the Audi A8 type of transportation myself.

Either way?, you're going to love the sound.

:drool:_oh
 
I want to pull the trigger, but I wanna do it right!
shall I go iFi micro iDSD or iFi Nano iDSD :scratch2:

I have the iFi Nano iDSD but I bought it for a moble solution for dsd and hi-rez downloads and I'm thrilled with it in that application. It does not however best the sabre32 ES9018 dac from ESS in my oppo 105d in the home system. I would follow Kt77's recommendation.
 
Well, the Oppo does not have the best design around that chip and that is important (not a big fan of Oppo since I have not heard one I like yet). Since iFi is trickle down from AMR and they make VERY high end disc players, one can bet they optimized the circuitry as much as possible.

I've seen you post your dislike of oppo before, I have no idea what players you have tried and don't wish to promote or degrade oppo or iFi. All I know in my testing is that the iFi Nano iDSD is head and shoulders above any other moble solution I have tried, that said in back to back testing in my home system I pefer the dac in my 105d, its not close.

I love what iFi is doing and will try other dac's but the "nano" in this case can't complete with my other dac.
 
I have heard them all and even compared to my Pioneer Elite DV-47AVi and the pioneer sounded more open and full compared to the congested sound of the Oppo. This was done in MY system.

Congested does not describe what I'm hearing and "heard them all" means what? You have compared the 83, 93, 95, 103 and 105, all in your home system back to back with other players?

If so, you heard what you heard and more power to you. I still have a hard time getting used to those on this forum who are so quick to dismiss equipment.

I'm not dimissing the Nano or iFi, the thing rocks for on the go listening, I just think the other newer iFi offerings will work better for home use. I'm simply stating what I hear. If you have a problem with what I'm posting I suggest you put me on your ignore list.
 
Sorry, but color me skeptical, you have borrowed and put each and every oppo, a player you have a very low regard for into "your" system and discovered you think they sound, what was the word? congested. A universal player with scores of not just good but great reviews. I don't see you wasting your time to do that.

Besides the obvious smell of bs I smell synergy and set up problems. In the case of the 95 and 105, the models I'm familiar with, you're congested may just be over driven, As a start I'd suggest you pay closer attention to Oppo's output voltage and adjust settings accordingly. The Oppo's are certainly not perfect and are prime turf for tweaking but they in no way deserve to be painted with the brush that you have used.
 
Hey fellas....difference of opinion...lets keep a positive spin in this thread.:thmbsp::thmbsp::D

I understand you feelings, it's such a great thread, I gave a glowing report on my nano but advised someone to go with Kt77's advice on the higher level iFi offerings. Botrytis decided it was a good time to slam other peoples gear with unsolicited and questionable hearsay, yet again.

To the moderators, please feel free to remove the preceding exchanges.
 
Back
Top Bottom