• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Good budget Vintage Floor standing Spekers

TheStarman88

New Member
I'm looking for budget vintage Floor standing Speakers. I mostly listen to classic rock and some songs from the big band era. Any suggestions? Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
wide open question... too wide

JBL 100 (the old ones)
HPM 100
Klipsch Forte

Less expense: Sansui

Just a short , very short , list

All will need some work and $$$ to get them right
 
Ooh, small. I'd consider large bookshelf speakers as well. Advent (original/Advent 1), Advent Legacy, KLH 6, Infinity: Qb, RSb, Reference 4, RS4000, RS4001. Any JBL Studio series in your price range. Honestly, there are too many to list. As I say with any query like this, see what's available in your area first, then choose from that, rather than waiting months for a specific list of models. There have been literally tens of thousands of speaker models manufactured over the years. Most of them are at least pretty good (although unfortunately, many of the poorer quality models are much more numerous).
 
Boston Acoustics T830 - Look for ones that have been refoamed.

Advent Legacy - Look for ones that have been refoamed.

Smaller ADS

Edit: I just looked at my local Craigslist and searched in electronics for speakers with a $200 max, and a bunch of decent speakers are available.

Rob
 
Especially for that size a room I'd opt for a set of Paradigm Phamtoms vintage circa mid late 90s early 2000s . Probably run you $150 or much less.

It should give near full range sound in that room. A quality 60 watt amp should treat em right to boot.
 
Will you be using the Denon DRA-635R to power the speakers?
I have that model and used it for almost 20 years.
I did not think it was a good match for my 4 ohm Reference Studio Monitor Infinitys as the Denon is rated for 6 ohms or more. May have been ok but I wasn't comfortable with that pairing. The Denon did work just fine with my Snell Jiii's which were 6 ohm rated.
That might be a consideration as to what speakers to buy if you will be using that Denon.
Although your small space may be a limitation to how loud you play the speakers anyways (and how hard you push the receiver). But what if you get a bigger space...
 
Back
Top Bottom