• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I like this thread because most people just look at me like I'm nuts when I start talking about the stuff I've bought. :D
 
Pioneer Sound Project 300 at Goodwill for $3.99. Works great but the FM is really quiet and stereo mode doesn't kick in. AM and AUX works great. This has to be the smallest Pioneer receiver I've seen @ 7WPC. I had to scrounge around for a pair of small speakers to use with it because everything else I have is too power hungry.


PioneerSP3001.jpg


PioneerSP3002.jpg
 
Another Goodwill grab: Kenwood KA-801............for.....$6.99.

It's beat up a bit, missing some switches (big whoop). Will be taking it into the shop because the right side is out. I'm still stoked with the find. :D
 

Attachments

  • kenwood 801.jpg
    kenwood 801.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I have avoided this thread, but here it goes.

SA-9800, TX-9800, RT-707, cassette deck, rack with shelves. $180

9090DB. $25

G-871DB. $65

So many others I can't think of right now.

The Pioneers were sold to pay for my SR-838 TT.

Still have the others.

Rob
 
i love a bargain too here are a few;tandberg2055 receiver working(most of the time)$15,panasonic multiplex7670 with matching speakers $10 cool,dual 1228 $10 great,garrard 40 b with pickering cartridge(of course)$5and the best ever thorens td 124 to clear a $25 debt hooray!
 
I need help!!! Is their a Thrift Store Anonymous? Visiting the daughter in Nicholasville, KY. Made the rounds of the GW's in the area. Found a Denon DRA-685 for $11.50. Couldn't leave it there. It's hiding from the wife in the car. Will sneak it in Monday night while she is at a meeting. Not really vintage as only 4 years old. info. here:-
www.usa.denon.com/DRA685_productsheet.pdf
 
Last edited:
-Sears Silvertone Tube console
-Advents 5002's (needed to replace the surrounds)
-Marantz 2265 receiver
-Technics TT SL-QD33
-Techinics SA-5370 receiver
-Pioneer TT
-DCM TF350 speakers
 
Some Realistic Nova 6s 60 wpc for $6.50.Decent sounding mid size speakers in pretty good shape.Picked them up to go with a 60 wpc stereo I am giving someone.
 
Pioneer Sound Project 300 at Goodwill for $3.99. Works great but the FM is really quiet and stereo mode doesn't kick in. AM and AUX works great. This has to be the smallest Pioneer receiver I've seen @ 7WPC. I had to scrounge around for a pair of small speakers to use with it because everything else I have is too power hungry.


PioneerSP3001.jpg


PioneerSP3002.jpg

I have one with the companion distinctive orange/black grilled real walnut veneered CS-R300 speakers my little bro bought new in ca '74. I call them the little JBL wanna-beez cuz of the sharp look and the sound and are they ever built! Even at the entry level the Pioneer stuff was nicer than one could expect for the price.
 
California Audio Labs Icon MK2. This higher-end CDP was buried beneath a stack of BPC at a Value Village the other day. No remote. Read the positive reviews on-line. MSRP: $995.00. Playing some John Coltrane discs as I write. Full-bodied sound if I may say so...:music:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2869.jpg
    DSCN2869.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN2871.jpg
    DSCN2871.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 82
It's a "boing box". It either makes everything sound like it's being performed in a shower stall or makes everything boing-y, depending on the settings. You can hit it and it makes a loud BOINGGGGG!!!!.

Amusing but otherwise utterly useless.
 
Last edited:
2 weeks of thrifting

Over the last 2 weeks of Thrifting......a Yamaha RX-560 Receiver $10.50,A "Mint" Yamaha XA-900U Amp(130 WPC)No Sound! $35.00, Nakamichi BX-100 Cassette Deck $2.00, Dual C939 Cassette with smoked acrylic cover $15.00, A pair of "Mint" JBL N24 Speakers $5.00,
A very nice pair of "Empty"JBL L100t Golden Oak Cabinets$10.50( I have JBL Drivers)
Pioneer PL-200 turntable (complete) $10.00,JVC QL-A2 (no cartridge head) $6.50,
While buying milk at a store..was offered an "Dusty" Empire 208 turntable + Empire 98 Arm + Empire Cartridge & good stylus for $50.00, from an old fellow we bought a B&0 1000 Receiver from...4 years ago!! ......Was a good 2 weeks! Plus I sold a few speakers off to balance a few new spots!!!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom