• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Great Plains Audio ... is now Great Plains Acoustics!

Register to hide this ad
I don’t follow their driver prices, but the diaphragm prices haven’t changed since Bill left. Yet…

It’s the only place you can still get an original style Altec diaphragm
 
Yeah those prices have been around for a little while. And the 288 phragms were $160 each (if I remember correctly), although they have been out of stock for a little while now.

Hopefully with the new website they finally fixed their jacked up shipping prices. Last time I had to contact Bill to get an accurate shipping quote. I think the Shopify website wanted something like 50 bucks to ship two diaphragms. Called Bill and it was around $20 instead.
 
It states on the site Bill still works there as the CTO. Francisco Jileta bought the shares of the company in 2018. Interesting. I emailed them to see of they would recone a couple 415Cs.

Linky
 
Lol. Maybe they’ll send you a 288 diaphragm instead.

Maybe Bill switched all the labels on the boxes before he left as a little goodbye prank
 
Sure appreciate the link to the new website. The site clearly offers repair services for certain Altec and GPA drivers. Thank goodness these legacy products will continue to have a lifeline.
 
I have no idea but the website states repair work is done in California. European customer work is done in Spain.
 
If we knew who was actually doing the repair work it would be good.

If they’re having it done in California now, does that mean they sent their gaussing machine out there?
 
Hello! New here, just beginning a journey with Altecs, I have a pair of modded 19s - woofers swapped for Fostex 18s, bi-amped, cabinet modded, & xo networks removed (purchased as is) and a stock pair of Valencia 846b

The 19s appear to have to have different diaphragms (looks like a Radian in one & a stock in the other) … I have been trying to call GPA for some time now to get a matching pair of diaphragms and not getting any answers yet. Also have emailed, but I’m guessing that method is a lost cause.

Anyone know if they are still active or is there a better way to get ahold of them than the number listed on the site?

TIA!
 
That’s a bummer. They’ve also been out of 288 diaphragms for a little while now. With no word on when they will make more.
 
Back
Top Bottom