• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with these advent speakers

jstonejam

New Member
Just wondering if someone could help me identify these, paid $10 for them locally.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240125_212518526_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240125_212518526_HDR.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20240125_212508858.jpg
    IMG_20240125_212508858.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20240125_212502377_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240125_212502377_HDR.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20240125_212532870_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240125_212532870_HDR.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 46
Register to hide this ad
I don't recognize them. However, I'll mention that in the later Recoton era, Advent's designs were all over the place. These appear to be higher quality, based on the gold plated binding posts and what appears to be an aluminum or titanium tweeter. The shape suggests they were designed for desktop use, but all the advent desktop speakers I found in a Google search looked nothing like these.
 
They are ported, so don’t really follow the Advent design philosophy, but they may still sound nice. I just doubt they will be voiced like a Baby Advent or the like.

Still, 10.00 is lunch at McDonalds. Worth a try for sure.

Forgot to mention, definitely Rectocon era. They were made by Heco of Germany (a rebadge of one of their models) Sorry, don’t remember the model number.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom