• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

House hunting curiosity...

Laughter

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So I have been house hunting over the last few weeks. One place caught my eye when a wall of records, dual 1219 and maranta receiver. I decided to take a second look when I looked in the home office and saw this....

IMG_2890.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
Second look at this house happens Monday. I will have to take a closer look at the interesting audio goodies after I figure out if the roof is a total loss.
 
I've moved several times in my life. The offers I received have always included my audio equipment and media. It's always good for a couple of laughs.
 
That's very cool. Is there a speaker in there somewhere? But you should expect that the TV and tuner will need major restoration before they're usable. You'll also need a converter if you want to use the TV, since current signals are digital and that TV is analog. There were a lot of converters made at the time of the switch to digital so folks could keep using their old analog sets. It shouldn't be hard to track one down in a thrift or the auction site. You won't need a converter for the tuner, though - those broadcasts are still analog.

When I bought my house, built in 1958, there was an odd opening in the stone fireplace wall in the living room. When I found the blueprints I found that it was for a built in TV. The TV was long gone, unfortunately. I've got an integrated amp, digital server and tuner in there now, which I prefer over a TV anyway.
 
Back
Top Bottom