• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How does Ortofon 2M Blue, Bronze compared to Shure V15

spn_ai

Active Member
Hi,

How does Ortofon 2M Blue, Bronze compared to Shure V15, Type I, Type II, Type III, Type IV, Type V. Any Cartriges can compared to Shure V15? Is it worth to get Shure V15?

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
im very interested to see what people have to say on this one... i can order a new JICO stylus for 150 odd dollars, for my v15 IV, or i can get a new 2M blue for 200 ish,
:lurk:
 
I'll be interested in this too. I have a 2M Blue with around 50 hours on it on a Technics and love it. I just ordered a Dual 701 with a Shure V-15 III on it and was thinking about replacing it with a 2M Bronze or trying a Jico SAS stylus on the Shure.
 
I'll be interested in this too. I have a 2M Blue with around 50 hours on it on a Technics and love it. I just ordered a Dual 701 with a Shure V-15 III on it and was thinking about replacing it with a 2M Bronze or trying a Jico SAS stylus on the Shure.

its a good match, i ran a blue on a dual 721 and it sounded nice. The blue is a hard cart to mount on the dual removable shell though, the body is too wide for a easy mount.
 
I'll be interested in this too. I have a 2M Blue with around 50 hours on it on a Technics and love it. I just ordered a Dual 701 with a Shure V-15 III on it and was thinking about replacing it with a 2M Bronze or trying a Jico SAS stylus on the Shure.


The 2M Bronze uses a fine line stylus, the new cartridge is almost 400.00.
The Shure JICO stylus is about 120.00.:music:
 
The Ortofon's 2M's are wonderful cartridges, but a close friend with almost 40 years of
serious analog obsessiveness just put his old Shure Ultra (a factory tweaked V15 IV) back into service
with a new JICO SAS stylus and he said his 2M Black now sounds rather unexciting by comparison
to the Shure.

Fred J
 
The Ortofon's 2M's are wonderful cartridges, but a close friend with almost 40 years of
serious analog obsessiveness just put his old Shure Ultra (a factory tweaked V15 IV) back into service
with a new JICO SAS stylus and he said his 2M Black now sounds rather unexciting by comparison
to the Shure.

Fred J

That is interesting. I have a Blue that I am still breaking in and I like it a lot. I also have an M91ED that I was considering an SAS for. I wonder how that would compare?
 
The Ortofon's 2M's are wonderful cartridges, but a close friend with almost 40 years of
serious analog obsessiveness just put his old Shure Ultra (a factory tweaked V15 IV) back into service
with a new JICO SAS stylus and he said his 2M Black now sounds rather unexciting by comparison
to the Shure.

I concur - while I have not heard the 2M Black, my Shure V15VMR with Jico SAS blows away the 2M Bronze; I can't imagine how good an Ultra/SAS combo must sound!
 
I have a Dual 701 coming from Bill ( bohhey ) with a Shure V-15 III catridge and an Ed Saunders stylus. I have the Jico SAS sylus on order for it already. Right now I have a Technics table with a 2M Blue on it and love the Blue. Can't wait to compare the two. What a great way to blow my tax refund.
 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

I concur - while I have not heard the 2M Black, my Shure V15VMR with Jico SAS blows away the 2M Bronze; I can't imagine how good an Ultra/SAS combo must sound!

Have you had the Ortofon M2 Bronze on your table?
Why I ask is I am considering this cartridge for one of my TT's. IMHO Ortofon has a flatter response curve and tends to not tip up the extremes, yet be more open than say Grado. To some ears this is realistic and to others it is not as thrilling. I'm just curious what your take is on this cart.

Happy Analogue Listening! :beatnik:
 
I have the 2M Blue on my Technics table and was very, very happy with it. After around 40 hours of playing it really started to sound amazing. I few weeks ago I bought a bohhey Dual 701 that came with a Shure V-15 III cartridge. Most of you probably know that overseas these sold new with the Shure cart. Bill ships his 701's with an Ed Saunders stylus. My jaw hit the floor listening to the first album I played. Compared to the Blue the Shure had more bass and just an overall more open and detailed sound. I replaced the Saunders stylus with a Jico SAS stylus and it even took V-15 III to a higher level. I had a V-15 III on an XR-XA table 37 years ago and I forgot what a super cartridge it really is.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom