• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How to Pirate a Vinyl Record

Register to hide this ad
I'd be too nervous about the copy being too soft and/or otherwise damaging my stylus. It's also a lot of work.
 
A buddy of mine tried this with a Led Zeppelin record and accidentally imaged it backwards. I haven't seen or heard from him since.
 
It looks like with that process that you'd have to make two one sided albums to make a full commercial album. :scratch2:

Scott
 
A buddy of mine tried this with a Led Zeppelin record and accidentally imaged it backwards. I haven't seen or heard from him since.

:lmao:

Now, seriously, that is pretty cool, but the cost of doing one copy, you can probably buy it new/used one for far less.
It will cost about $15 per side. :D
 
When I was a kid there was a way to pirate LPs. It was called "cassette".

Yeah, when I first clicked on the link I was expecting it to be about how to record an LP to your computer. I'm still not sure why somebody would do this, other than for the fun of it.

I wonder how a "pirated" LP sounds - any better than a good cassette?
 
Yeah, when I first clicked on the link I was expecting it to be about how to record an LP to your computer. I'm still not sure why somebody would do this, other than for the fun of it.

I wonder how a "pirated" LP sounds - any better than a good cassette?

yeah,.. im wondering about the fidelity of the DIY record myself. very creative indeed!!
 
well if you have the time. this would be a neat project for schools anything to get kids out from in front of the computer or the smart phone.

there is nothing like learning something it will fill up your mind.
 
Pretty interesting, it would be really cool as a display piece/art or something like a diy coaster that doesn't actually use a lp.

My dad used to do something similar back in the 70's, he would take a car badge, do a plaster cast, then melt aluminum or lead to make a duplicate, pretty cool stuff. Certainly not the worst way to spend some time.
 
Back
Top Bottom