• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How to stay updated with Vinyl News

Register to hide this ad
Luckly the local vinyls shop I use is very proactive in tracking these things and I get updates via their social media and emails. Other than that I go directly to the "studio" or bands site for the latest.
 
I listen to FM radio and satellite programing that keeps me abreast of all things pop/rock/alternative/Americana/country. Plus places like this and as Chief indicated. If you're into pop/rock/alt., SiriusXm Spectrum is pretty good at being "current". In Canada, CBC "Music" (FM radio 2) is also a very good source for that info.
 
Tidal's "My Daily Discovery" seems to know my type very well. It does a great job of recommending new (and used) artists based on my moldy old favorites.
 
Luckly the local vinyls shop I use is very proactive in tracking these things and I get updates via their social media and emails. Other than that I go directly to the "studio" or bands site for the latest.
Can you please share the social media handles you follow?
 
I listen to FM radio and satellite programing that keeps me abreast of all things pop/rock/alternative/Americana/country. Plus places like this and as Chief indicated. If you're into pop/rock/alt., SiriusXm Spectrum is pretty good at being "current". In Canada, CBC "Music" (FM radio 2) is also a very good source for that info.
Thanks for sharing.
 
An album comes out every minute so it’s impossible to keep up.
Trying to hear new music that’s in your wheelhouse is much easier. Find DJ sets on Mixcloud that are genres you like. Some of these sets are exclusively new music. The DJ’s are extremely knowledgeable in their fields. They scour the planet and digging up music is their passion. They do most of your homework for you. Once you find a couple DJ’s that you like, it will be just like a search engine online.
If popular re-releases are what you are after Discogs has that covered. Almost every popular rock record is in print again.
I try to narrow my searches to genre specific avenues.
 
Last edited:
@jsisk - That's pretty interesting. There's a number of ways you can sort searches as well.

I wonder how that site benefits and who are they? I don't see any ads or anything for sale.
 
@jsisk - That's pretty interesting. There's a number of ways you can sort searches as well.

I wonder how that site benefits and who are they? I don't see any ads or anything for sale.

All of the links are Amazon Affiliate links. You click on them and they earn a commission. Just like the AK link to eBay.
 
^ Gotcha. So, probably new releases that aren't sold on Amazon won't be listed? Still, pretty nice.
 
Emma has a subscription to Mojo magazine - its a monthly from the UK that lists a lot of Rock and similar music many of us listen/listened to.
When the new issue comes in, I sit in my chair, dial up Qobuz on my streamer, and look up any new releases they mention that sound interesting, and have a listen ...
I also look at reviews from folks here - tho I scored zero on a pair of jazz albums one of the folks here mentioned as pivotal for him ... they just didn't do it for me.
 
I find, admittedly, niche artists on bandcamp and get updated when they release new stuff, either by labels or artists.
A good source for smaller-label vinyl that might sell out. I think I follow over 100 now, but it takes some work to figure out what one is looking for.
But there is at least one youtube channel that has a monthly incoming list that covers, jazz, rock, blues and other represses or remasters if you were interested in that.
I can't remember the channel name, but he and his store are out of Phoenix, I think. He also does auctions, as he does some bulk buying and resells the good stuff there.
I doubt there is a source for "everything" but I've also bought some really limited pressings before, so that might be an outlier in that definition.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom