• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Huge ADS Speaker Sell Off

Register to hide this ad
That's pretty crazy... I notice they all seem to be the square cabinets- not the rounded corner cabs. Are they all the same vintage?
 
2030's, 1530's, and 1230's!!! Wow! I'd like to have that collection! :yes:
Plus, the 1530's are priced at a more reasonable $750. While not a scroe,
not bad, considering their condition. And while $4K is a bit rich, for the 2030's;
they're probably worth that price. Though, he probably won't get that price... :drool:
 
Damn it! You just had to post this. I live in Pickering, ON and have always wanted to try the 810's......don't want to spend the funds right now though :(
 
Outstanding collection of speakers. I wish he was closer to check out as there may be a pair of 620s in that stash.

Rome
 
Unless I'm missing something for 75 pair of a/d/s speakers at $4000 thats an average of $53 a pair.
I would think if somebody has the space and they're patient, there's a whole world out there that would put you in a profitable situation with time and effort.
 
The 2030s he is looking for the 4K, note the literature is also posted for those that
might be interested.
 
Regarding the square corners on many of the speakers:
In his ad for the L810s (look for other CAM ads by the same seller), he says he has 4 pairs of the series II, with the metal grilles and radiused corners.
 
Well that 4000 might be just about right since these sold for 4195 list (at one point in their sales period) and adjusted for inflation, that is what, $47 million or something like that in today's dollars.

But really 4 grand can buy a lot of speakers are these any better than the Vandersteens, TW7, Beveridge, Magneplanar and such that can command this price all day long?

You guys need to click on his other items and see some of the other speakers he has for sale. He has 3 versions of the ADS 810 listed in one ad.
 
I really don't understand collectors that buy 5-30 of the exact same thing in perfect condition and stack them up in storage. I mean, if it there is some notion of appreciating value, I could understand that even if there are much better ways to grow a bit of money, but when the sell offs happen, it never seems like that was the plan. Seems like they just wanted to HAVE them.
 
I've seen 2030's going for anywhere in the $1K to $2K range in the US, mostly local listings but once in a blue moon a pair will hit eBay.

$4K is pretty up there.

I do like the guy's taste in speakers, must be nice to be able to sit on that many and in that kind of condition too. I'm overflowing with a pair of L1230's, 2x L1290/2, and a pair of L710 at my place. Of course, the three pair of vintage JBL that keep those company aren't helping the space issue.

John
 
Love the collection, would like to just SEE in person all those in one place.
Where's the stacks of amps?
 
Having met Dr. Godehard Guenther in person back in the late 70's at a local in-store ADS speaker demonstration, I have always had an appreciation for the vintage line of ADS speakers and they are among my absolute favorites. Looking at those photos, all I can think of is this must be what ADS heaven looks like. Serious drool factor.
 
Back
Top Bottom