• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I have a chance to buy some speakers...

mrjbq

Bose forum Moderator
Subscriber
Please help me value the speakers. EPI M100. The condition is excellent. Just a little oil on the the veneer and they will be beautiful. So what are they worth?
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
well regarded with the inverted dome, while I am not familiar with their worth, still I think that $80 to $100 would be fair if they are in great shape. much less with any damage to the cabinets ETC..
 
I agree, I picked up my 100Vs (very similar) for about that price. An excellent bookshelf that pairs up well with vintage receivers.

I run mine on a Pioneer SX-838 and they are "oh so smoooth".

You'll like those!

cnh2
 
Agree to both previous posters... if there is no damage to the cabinets, $100 is a good price to pay.
And you'll love them!
 
M100's are (IMHO) worth a bit more than 100V's as they veneered in wood rather than vinyl. I sold my last pair of Epicure M100's for $125 here on Barter Town and could have likely gotten $200 or so on eBay.

Dave
 
Dave , you can have them back anytime you'd like.
I'm just the temporary caretaker of all things EPI.:music:

Bob
 
Plus they are super easy to recap - they are the first ones I ever tried and it worked swimmingly.
 
Hmmm those are some nice EPI's, I'd snag them in a heartbeat. You'll love the soundstage, they are truly wonderful speakers. If you ever get tired they are easy to sell, although I can't seem to sell any of mine hehe
 
Well, I picked them up for a "Jackson."
They're pretty nice, but I really don't need them.
They could not possibly replace my JBLs.:no:
I'll listen for a while then maybe move them along.....
 
Well, I picked them up for a "Jackson."
They're pretty nice, but I really don't need them.
They could not possibly replace my JBLs.:no:
I'll listen for a while then maybe move them along.....

Depends on your JBLs and your musical tastes. I love my JBLS, all 11 of 'em, but a recapped set of EPIs can be a more relaxing listen at times. No "fake but fun" L100 style west coast sound, just immensely musical.
 
Well, I picked them up for a "Jackson."
They're pretty nice, but I really don't need them.
They could not possibly replace my JBLs.:no:
I'll listen for a while then maybe move them along.....

Spend $10 to recap them, listen for a while, and I'd be very, very surprised if you let them go. :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom