I use both tube and solid state amps and tuners. The thing I like about tubes is that I have a decent enough understanding of them to get them up and running and to fix them when something goes wrong. With solid state, I have less understanding and repairs are hit or miss.
With tubes there is a charm factor, being able to see the filaments glow. People just like it, myself included. But sometimes the gear is sitting in the bottom of a console or inside a radio case and that factor is diminished.
As for sound quality, it’s like music - there are good and bad examples regardless of how they’re made.
The exception to the above, for me, is with guitar amps. It is not uncommon to overdrive a guitar amp, and tubed amps respond very well to this whereas solid state amps do not. For bass amps where distortion is not desired, SS works well when there’s enough power that it’s not overdriven.
My 2ç