• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I was just looking for a record cabinet

Your local buddy Mark's already been crowin' about it here; thread titled "I was just looking for a record cabinet " :D I don't blame him for posting this find on several forums.

I didn't post it on several, just two. My local hangout and my national hangout.

I don't know about "crowing" though. I suspect at page five that a few people are saying a lot more than I am. I mostly just took some pics and let them do the talking.

Just to clarify my quote above is out of context. It was not posted in this thread. It was in reply to BmWr75(?) in a different thread he started while not knowing that this one was already 5 pages long. Looks like the mods removed the redundant thread and in doing so moved my post over here where it makes very little sense. In the other thread the reply was really just ribbing the other OP and pointing to this thead. I really didn't see your entries as 'crowing', that was just an outrageous statement that most anyone would recognize once they hopped threads. But I still wouldn't blame you for for posting this find on several forums. :)


By the way, here's a pic of my Miracord 10. Your 10H is even better due the the Hysteresis synchronous motor. It'll clean up nicely.

img6573z.jpg
 
Last edited:
No, I totally get that. My post was expressing some surprise at just how elated some folks got over my little find. I'm still a bit taken back. I posted because I figured folks would enjoy seeing it, but... wow, the reaction.

I don't want to get this moved to D&S, but the truth is when I bought it I thought I would use the cabinet and flip the guts. You guys have me reconsidering.
 
Hello!

You are one lucky guy. It is posts like this that keep me on the hunt! Yes, scroe of the year so far. Robert
 
I wonder what is actually happening to all the gear cause I guy I talked to there recently said they still get a lot of people dropping off old equipment & speakers.

My fear is that the guy at Atlas got to them and is hoarding it all. I've heard stories (not in relation to CJ, but with some of the thrifts that you may have noticed drying up). Allegedly there is a trailer somewhere stacked bottom to top with the stuff, so he can pull it and flip it bit by bit.
 
That point One is a seriously good amp.
Very much sought after. Congratulations on a GREAT score.
 
I deleted the other thread immediately after posting it because I noticed Mark had posted about his find. Then somehow my standalone thread post showed up in Mark's thread and I deleted it again. Sorry for the confusion.

Just to clarify my quote above is out of context. It was not posted in this thread. It was in reply to BmWr75(?) in a different thread he started while not knowing that this one was already 5 pages long. Looks like the mods removed the redundant thread and in doing so moved my post over here where it makes very little sense. In the other thread the reply was really just ribbing the other OP and pointing to this thead. I really didn't see your entries as 'crowing', that was just an outrageous statement that most anyone would recognize once they hopped threads. But I still wouldn't blame you for for posting this find on several forums. :)


By the way, here's a pic of my Miracord 10. Your 10H is even better due the the Hysteresis synchronous motor. It'll clean up nicely.

img6573z.jpg
 
Lots of people post score threads. How many people have other people post threads about their scores? Not many I'm guessing.

That was one of the things that convinced me that this was a serious find, especially having seen your systems.
 
Where do you get the short spindle? I hate changers.

Search the web for sellers. Mine looks like the middle one pictured here and I assume its original to the TT, it's 3.5" long. I've seen them for about $15 on ebay. The short spindles for several Elac models 10,40,46,50 I think all work in there.

ELAC1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Are you telling me that the tubes are what I should be excited about? I was kind of excited about the whole thing.
I would be excited about the whole thing! (Well, maybe not that pegboard on the back...is it supposed to be there?) It's a great looking set, especially with the neatness of the wiring you showed. I've never seen anything wired that neatly before.

Score! :thmbsp:
 
(Well, maybe not that pegboard on the back...is it supposed to be there?)

Those amps run hot in open air. I don't think a sealed back would be a better idea than pegboard.

As a matter of fact, if I were to put everything back into that cabinet. would probably try to come up with some sort of quiet push/pull fan system.
 
Maybe it wouldn't run so hot if it were gone through, caps freshened and resistors at least checked. If they were mine I would leave it unplugged untill gone through. I certainly would risk the tubes either
 
Last edited:
If you read the thread you would know that I have done that. In my reading on the Stereo 20 and in several posts in this thread people have stated that the amp historically runs hot.
 
Last edited:
Mark,

I agree with prior posters that the Leak units should be refurbed before you use them. The risk of destroying a transformer is just too high. I'll be glad to help you with this refurb.

Scott
 
Scott, you have more skill and a better work area than I do. I would be a fool not to take you up on that. We can figure out a time by PM. Thanks so much for your generous offer.

Just in case I wasn't clear, I did not plug the units in nor do I intend to. Their first power up (after recapping) will be by someone with a variac.
 
Back
Top Bottom