• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I'm done with Google

For anyone using a Samsung device, use the native Samsung browser and it will give Google results without the AI. I noticed that the browser wasn't logged into Google, and I think that's the keyScreenshot_20240601_173313_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
I don't purposely use Google search but I do have a gmail account and they made a change that after a few years of resisting finally caught up with me and I hate it.
It started a couple of years ago when I logged out of gmail it would automatically switch me to the new gmail and I would have to do a search (Yahoo which I hate too) and jump thru several hoops but could eventually retrieve my old gmail. I just learned that if I stayed logged into gmail I was okay - then the day came when I got a notice from Google claiming that resistance was and would be futile and that I would be switched to the 'new' gmail whether I wanted it or not.
That day came and went not long ago and I absolutely hate it! The new gmail is conspicuously geared for cell phones and terrible to navigate with a desk top.
Aargh.
 
I just recently did a Google takeout, downloaded all my data, and just started deleting everything out of drive, photos, etc.

It's a bit slow, but I'd rather take a bit of time on it, than rush and realise I overlooked something.
 
Back
Top Bottom