• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

imral3's system progression - aka - new house, new listening room

Today 1/17/23 (green) vs 12/16/22 (red):
View attachment 2769975
Much flatter. Changes made included sub HP xover of 30BW12; repositioning of chair and speakers; panels put on 45° angle of front corners & raised 8" above floor.
View attachment 2769981
I wonder if straddling the corners with the panels or changing the listening position cleaned up the 150-1500Hz region? What are the panels using for absorption media and what are their dimensions?
 
I wonder if straddling the corners with the panels or changing the listening position cleaned up the 150-1500Hz region? What are the panels using for absorption media and what are their dimensions?
Yes, both angling panels into corners AND moving chair+speakers contributed but, REW measurements indicate panel placement had only minimal affect. It was mostly chair+speaker position.
Panel dimensions are approx 37½"H x 25½"W x 3"D stacked two deep. Not sure of the technical properties of the foam other than "cheap" and probably not ideal for audio use. It's what I have so, I gave it a try. :dunno:
 
New speaker position, new measurement:
20230316_171925.jpg
Today 3/16/23 (green) vs 1/17/23 (red).
Trace doesn't look as good but, new speaker position has created a wider, deeper, and more holographic sound stage. Let me just say, "what speakers"? They've just vanished.

I isolated just the right speaker and moved it around, taking measurements with both tape measure and REW, to see where it presents its best in my room. Once determined (after oh so many REW sweeps) I simply mirrored those physical measurements with the left speaker. The above is the measured response, with the subs also.

The left speaker didn't measure as well, by itself, in the new position. After I listen to this current setup (because it does sound shockingly good) I will probably isolate the left speaker to see where it presents its best. Maybe then there will be a surprising compromise of measured performance with left and right speaker position.
My fingers will be crossed.
Thanks for following along.

Enjoy the musics!!
Ray
 
Hey folks! Kinda lost my way. Haven't had much desire to listen to music lately. When I "force" myself to listen I can enjoy one album, then I'm done. Today I decided to fiddle around with seat placement (drastic 4" move!) and sub settings in miniDSP control panel. Today 10/1 (blue) vs 7/10 (green):20231001_162050.jpg
 
More fiddling, more bass, more better?
Red=Right spkr
yeLLow=Left spkr
Blue=Both spots
Green=spkrs+subs
20231016_165649.jpg
I'll give this a listen for a bit but will probably tame the bass just a bit. Maybe.

Enjoy the musics!!
Ray
 
Today 10/25 (green) vs 10/16 (orange?):
20231025_180316.jpg

No change other than upgrading TV from 42" to 65". Silly me, I don't even want the TV in the music room... so what do I do? Put a bigger one in, of course. Small house (900+ sq.ft.) and it's my current option.
 
20231108_182955.jpg20231108_183017.jpg
Not really sure how to interpret the RT60 but I do understand the RT60 decay somewhat and know the bass is way muddy.
I welcome your input.
 
Swapped out the two (2) Aiyima A07's for two (2) Fosi Audio V3 Mono's. These new amps sound amazing!1000001218.jpg
Have a small fan (off camera to the left) blowing across the amps to help keep 'em cool... They get pretty warm when pushed!
 
The green trace is today. New recliner, new speaker positions, a couple more cheap panels, minor minidsp tweaking for the subs. I am diggin' on the sound big time!
1000000367.jpg
Happy listening my long lost friends.
 
Back
Top Bottom