• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

In the money.

Very nice score! I had given up on finding anything in Norway, I just scout around when I'm back in the States.
Question...was it already setup to run on 220 volts AC? I have a Pioneer SX-434 and Concept 2.5 in Stavanger, but I use transformers to run them on 220. I know some of the higher end units have switches. My Sansui 9090 has a switch, but I just didn't think I'd have room for that beast in Norway.
Congrats!
Jeff
 
It´s EU model and was set for 220V. I put it on 240V since the power grid here is more like 230V. It keeps the bulbs running for longer, and puts lesser strain on the device. I think it´s lived it´s life in Denmark since it was new. Although it´s "only" 65 wpc. it has no problem keeping up with my Philips FA-960 MKII amp. (115 wpc.)
 
That is one beautiful receiver, you did great!

What's the bike on the TV in the second set of pictures? A GT Zaskar with blue anodized Ringle components?
 
That is one beautiful receiver, you did great!

What's the bike on the TV in the second set of pictures? A GT Zaskar with blue anodized Ringle components?

Yep, a 98´Zaskar le. Not mine but I´m building one to look just like it.
 
Bulbs are here, and will be put in today. Then I think I´ll put it back in the system and try to narrow down what needs to be changed, transistors and what not, to get it back to tip top shape.
 
Some pics. with the new bulbs installed.

STRmPrer002.jpg


STRmPrer003.jpg


Not too sure that there´s supposed to be light behind the Volume/Balance knob and the Tuning knob.

If you look closely at the pics. you´ll see that the scale is lighter Green to the right, there´s a piece missing of the green tinted foil at that side.
 
Nope, I think it just send the signal to each output, it´s not really separated, you just take the signal you need (pre or power)
 
Those early Sonys are truly wonderful. They don't get the attention that Marantz, Pioneer, Sansui and some others do but they should. Congratulations on a beautiful find!

By the way, if the fuse lamps prove hard to find in Europe, AK's own DGWOJO can help you out.

John
 
Some pics. of the speaker. I removed the "tasteful fabric covering" as it says in the catalog, not really that tasteful anymore. Needs new tweeters and someone has messed around with one of the bass units. The cabinets show 40 + years of wear, so I´ll remove the lacquer and oil them instead.

revox4630001-1.jpg


revox4630002-2.jpg


Sound is like a cross between JBL L100 and AR6´s worth saving and all the work.
 
Some pics. of the speaker. I removed the "tasteful fabric covering" as it says in the catalog, not really that tasteful anymore. Needs new tweeters and someone has messed around with one of the bass units. The cabinets show 40 + years of wear, so I´ll remove the lacquer and oil them instead.

Oooh SEAS drivers methinks.......
 
Oooh SEAS drivers methinks.......

You might be right, or not since the tweeters are from Hennel & Co Germany and were in both Braun and Heco speakers of the same vintage. Only thing it says on the drivers are Revox BW25.

Thanks for your words about my work on the Sony, I wish I had the skills to make it nice on the inside too.
 
You might be right, or not since the tweeters are from Hennel & Co Germany and were in both Braun and Heco speakers of the same vintage. Only thing it says on the drivers are Revox BW25.

Thanks for your words about my work on the Sony, I wish I had the skills to make it nice on the inside too.

I would bet anything on the drivers (at least the low and mid) being SEAS, just like the ones in my (now sold) Dynaco A25's.
 
After a hard days work
Oiled/after
frefter003.jpg


Lacquered/before
frefter004.jpg


Oiled/after
frefter002.jpg


Lacquered/before
frefter005.jpg


frefter003.jpg


frefter006.jpg


Notice the difference in domes on the bass units. The one with the black measures 17 ohm, something is wrong in the voice coil.
 
Back
Top Bottom