• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Incoming B-6...Might be a basket case...will need Avionics help for sure !!! FIXED, again !!!

It is here!!!

52148896761_3f484d83c6_b.jpg

staff meal?
 
Sounds Greek to me Mr " Immortal "..:D

:thumbsup:

Athanasios( the Immortal one)


PS: Hard day at work, broke my record for one shift sales. I was going to put that amp board back in the SX-990 but After dinner at my sis's and work im just going to hang out here and follow some repair threads and relax .
 
So.. Whats the story ?


Its finally on the bench !!!!

52162513677_ad78c9c0cc_h.jpg



But whilst delivering the repaired Pioneer SX-990 he gave me another project. So I button up the Pioneer RT1011L and now I have the second bench free for this ...........

52163779169_f3a677b044_h.jpg


Ok So I guess first things first.

I guess I will remove the output devices on the B-6 and test them....right @avionic ?

Athanasios
 
Major Issue.......But I think I can fix it !!!

52163667431_8b37b68290_b.jpg



Not sure if it happened in shipping or if this is why the original owner took it from the repair shop in the mid 80's.....They were hacks !!

52163639596_7ee5d61fbf_b.jpg


52162643827_d8e1b80f4d_b.jpg



Lots of these all over the board.

52163644338_7f821f3ca7_b.jpg


And the one transistor is holding the broken piece together, so that board is in three pieces !!!

52163974194_e9736d2cc1_h.jpg



So lots of work ahead here boys and girls !!!!

Going to go for a motorcycle ride, more to continue !!!!!

Athanasios
 
Last edited:
Finding this kind of crappy work all over this amp !!!

Craked solder joints and missing solder joints!!!

52164498269_b6d15c880e_b.jpg


Some pics of the boards entireties .

52163236047_bdc4bccdd1_h.jpg



Even cracked solder joints on the two vertical boards that I can see upon inspection, those will have to be removed and gone over with a better view than how they are now.

52163236037_2b3bab756b_h.jpg


This board had the fuse missing.

52164262043_74b0a3858d_h.jpg



Athanasios
 
This yours ? Or are you repairing for someone else ?


It's mine. Got it cheap . Hope it can be saved. Plus I love the challenge !!!

Why? Think it's not with the effort?

Cleaned up the transistor mounts . The other side I used acetone and it began to remove the
painted surface. this was with soap and water .


52164549934_7d85988f80_b.jpg


Athanasios
 
Last edited:
PCB support added on top side with CA glue.

That should help keep the PCB from breaking at the broken joints.

52165412047_c97b3abd18_h.jpg


52166947705_2efa03c580_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom