• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Interesting Guitar Cabinet ???

Register to hide this ad
I've never seen anything like it. The fact that there is two of them tells me that they were probably not made to be guitar cabs though.
 
It sure isn't a cabinet I would want to lug around. I have no idea how those speakers and especially the tweeter would handle running a guitar through it.

Very odd.

To me...nothing beats a 12" driver for guitar. :yes:
 
MDF is not a material of choice for guitar cabs. It has portability issues due to high density/mass, does not handle road stress very well (tends to chip, crack, and break when dropped), and crumbles after being soaked with beer...
 
Seller has 6 total, my WAG is they're organ tone cabinets pulled from a large church install.

I think you nailed it. I've seen these somewhere, but can't remember which of the organ companies have this kind of arrangement. They might actually sound pretty decent, although there should be a separate set of bass cabinets. And if memory serves me, these units would sit right on the bass cabinets. Given the arrangement, the price is probably pretty reasonable, although I doubt the seller actually knows that.
 
I'd love to try 'em. Who knows, they might be really cool sounding. I can't see how that tweeter does a blessed thing having to go up against all those 6x9's.
 
I think you nailed it. I've seen these somewhere, but can't remember which of the organ companies have this kind of arrangement. They might actually sound pretty decent, although there should be a separate set of bass cabinets. And if memory serves me, these units would sit right on the bass cabinets. Given the arrangement, the price is probably pretty reasonable, although I doubt the seller actually knows that.

The Rodgers organ company used those speaker arrays in the 80's.
 
Some guitarists actually prefer the tone of a 6 x 9 speaker.
Weber Speakers actually produce modern versions of those with Ceramic & Alnico magnets.
Weber wouldn't bother if there wasn't a demand for them?

Steve
 
Some guitarists actually prefer the tone of a 6 x 9 speaker.
Weber Speakers actually produce modern versions of those with Ceramic & Alnico magnets.
Weber wouldn't bother if there wasn't a demand for them?

Steve

I've got to check that out. I never noticed a 6x9 on Ted's site. I'm intrigued....
 
I have seen similar cabs, including the jbl bullet tweets associated with organs. Long time ago before I knew the value of the JBLs I passed on a pair once that were darn near close to free :bash:
 
Back
Top Bottom