Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
I can't speak to that model, but I have some Luxman L-series integrated amplifiers, and I am a big fan. I have the L-580, L-480, and L-450 solid state integrated amps. Bought the L-580 in Okinawa when I was young - 1983.
I can't really advise you on that, but I can say that yes, I'd probably consider paying that if it worked well. Bear also in mind that Luxman, being a lesser-known brand, isn't as easily repaired if it needs work. But I do like me some Luxman. I find it has a special 'sound' that is distinctively Luxman.
How about the R-405? I had put a couple feelers out about that one a couple weeks ago but got no response. Not trying to hijack this thread - if someone could just put out a "sidebar". Thanks.
How about the R-405? I had put a couple feelers out about that one a couple weeks ago but got no response. Not trying to hijack this thread - if someone could just put out a "sidebar". Thanks.
It's funny but the R 405 or 406 I cant remember which one got me started in the stereo world. My parents but theirs new in the 80's and when they divorced I took the stereo over. Stupid me about 7 years ago I sold it and I regret it. I am trying to find another one. It sure has sweet sound and if you have a remote bonus to you. I think it was rated 60watts a channel. It was mid line for luxman back then. I even have a promo on laserdisc for the luxman R series. I currently own the 104 which is the black version 35watts. It is botl but I keep it around for visual stimulation in my luxman collection.
Did Luxman ever make something bad? I don't think they did. Not the real Luxman anyway. $40, somewhat high for that particular model, but still worth it. I would have done it.
Those are some really nice speakers. I am not sure but I think those speakers are rated with a 4 ohm load where that particular luxman is not designed to handle speakers below 8ohms. I could be wrong though. Like someone mentioned ealier you cant go wrong with the sound quality of Luxman however some of their build quality is another story.
Those are some really nice speakers. I am not sure but I think those speakers are rated with a 4 ohm load where that particular luxman is not designed to handle speakers below 8ohms. I could be wrong though. Like someone mentioned ealier you cant go wrong with the sound quality of Luxman however some of their build quality is another story.
the speakers are 4ohms, but the amp can handle speakers form 4-16 ohms... so shouldn't be a problem. I've ordered mew speakercable plugs, let´s see if they help
If you would like to hear what the Luxman engineers designed that particular receiver to sound like, I suggest that you bring it in to a local tech for a little TLC. Any piece of audio equipment as old as your "new" Luxman is likely not functioning perfectly, and therefore will not sound its best.
Well, I've just seen a German site offering one for 300 Euros, so it can't be bad. You might like to check out the mods on this Luxman site: http://www.hilberink.nl/codehans/luxman2.htm
the speakers are 4ohms, but the amp can handle speakers form 4-16 ohms... so shouldn't be a problem. I've ordered mew speakercable plugs, let´s see if they help
It's funny but the R 405 or 406 I cant remember which one got me started in the stereo world. My parents but theirs new in the 80's and when they divorced I took the stereo over. Stupid me about 7 years ago I sold it and I regret it. I am trying to find another one. It sure has sweet sound and if you have a remote bonus to you. I think it was rated 60watts a channel. It was mid line for luxman back then. I even have a promo on laserdisc for the luxman R series. I currently own the 104 which is the black version 35watts. It is botl but I keep it around for visual stimulation in my luxman collection.