• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is there a source for Revox G36 spare parts...?

Joel Cairo

Media Doctor
Subscriber
My 4-track G36 is in need of a new pinch roller, and Jack Clark from JM Technical Arts tells me they are no longer available... is there a suitable replacement that anyone can recommend?

-Kevin
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes, you should have it rebuilt by Terry Witt in Michigan. He can replace the rubber on to the existing hub for ANY pressure roller. Do a search on the internet for his online form. Turnaround is like 2-3 weeks depending on his load. He did my Revox rollers and they are perfect.
 
Terry Witt at Terry's Rubber Rollers can rebuild your roller. New ones from ReVox have been unavailable for a few years. Your machine was last built in 1967. The successor model was the A-77 built from 1967-1979. Your deck was officially imported for just over 1 year and they're scarce on these shores.
 
I have two Revox machines, a Model G (tube) and a model A77 I think it is.

Never use them, would love to have them find a good home.
 
I have two Revox machines, a Model G (tube) and a model A77 I think it is.

Never use them, would love to have them find a good home.

Not nice to dangle carrots like that in front of a guy with no cash. :nono: :D Can't imagine not being able to find something to record with such nice decks around.

mike
 
Yeah well they have been sitting in my spare room for years and I just haven't wanted to use them. I also have an Ampex mono, model 401A that is a beauty but again, I don't use it. I should charge admission to my place and call it a museum. Actually though, nearly everything works. I have a Meissner Radio Phono Recorder too. And a Conn StroboTuner ST-6.

I just built a guitar amplifier, works great. And got rid of a Crown DC-300A I wasn't using. Now I need a 2SA618A to fix a Harman Kardon receiver.
 
Yeah the tuner still works but needs to be calibrated. I have the manual so it's no problem but I don't care one way or the other.

I bought this StroboTuner some years back from Claude Lakey, a somewhat famous musician, composer, arranger, and mouthpiece maker. I still use his mouthpieces on my saxes.
 
I played mostly Alto. I tried some fancy mouthpieces, even metal ones, and just ended up using an Acousticut (sp?) that was like $30. Just as in audio equipment sometimes the cheapy works as well or better. Not familiar with Lakey. Will have to google him up some time.

mike
 
Yes Claude was one of the famous ones. Worked with Harry James, played trumpet and trombone and sax at least. Owned a music store near me and he worked on some of my saxes. I have an alto Lakey mouthpiece and a couple of tenor ones. They are good. And yes, price and performance don't necessarily correlate.

If there is a moderator here, he is going to throw us out.
 
Back
Top Bottom