• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Revox g36 speaker specs

straycat23

Active Member
The speaker on my Revox G36 is toast. I'm not sure if it could even be reconed. Does anyone know the specs? I think it's an 8 inch, possibly a 4 ohms. Thanks for any help.
 
Register to hide this ad
The service manual for the Revox G36 indicates it has a loudspeaker output rated at 5 ohms, 6 watts.
 
This thread indicates that a 4 ohm speaker would be a better match but an 8 ohm speaker would be OK.

 
I'm pretty sure it's the same speaker as used in a few previous models. There should be some fairly cheaply on eBay from time to time; I know it's not that imperative, but the G36 is of that age and getting harder to find in nice condition. Personally, I'd just wait for an original to come my way so the deck is as it should be in future, I doubt you'll be using that speaker much for playback in the meantime. :)
 
I'm pretty sure it's the same speaker as used in a few previous models. There should be some fairly cheaply on eBay from time to time; I know it's not that imperative, but the G36 is of that age and getting harder to find in nice condition. Personally, I'd just wait for an original to come my way so the deck is as it should be in future, I doubt you'll be using that speaker much for playback in the meantime. :)
I've been looking on eBay. Got the speaker in my saved search. I guess it will play back through my preamp without the speaker being in place. I think I have some bad tubes. It's trying to make sound, but doesn't. Probably my amp tubes are bad. Probably a few others are bad too. Has the original Philips. I've ordered replacements. The capstan and reel motors work well.
 
Back
Top Bottom