• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is there a way to force an SACD player to play the CD Layer?

Register to hide this ad
Been a long time since I played with my SACD player, but I'd think there'd be a way to select what it will play.
 
Been a long time since I played with my SACD player, but I'd think there'd be a way to select what it will play.
You would think. I have a Sony DVP-NS755V that I bought used for $100. And I can't find a way to do it. I'll keep looking through the manual. It's a nice little player. Don't know if it was worth $100 used. Haven't found a lot of reviews on it to know if it's a good or bad player for it's price point.
 
Read the book I guess. Just took a peek, and my Oppo allows multi-channel, SACD stereo, or the standard Redbook CD on hybrid disks, selectable with the on screen menus.
 
Read the book I guess. Just took a peek, and my Oppo allows multi-channel, SACD stereo, or the standard Redbook CD on hybrid disks, selectable with the on screen menus.
I have it hooked into an audio stereo receiver. I'll just leave it alone, I guess.
 
What player? Most will allow you to work the menus using the front panel display, but it's usually a LOT easier to do with a monitor. Keeping in mind of course that whatever convoluted hoops that makes you jump through would have to be reversed to get back to the SACD layer.

I like the idea you mentioned of just leaving it the hell alone ... <G>
 
You would think. I have a Sony DVP-NS755V that I bought used for $100. And I can't find a way to do it. I'll keep looking through the manual. It's a nice little player. Don't know if it was worth $100 used. Haven't found a lot of reviews on it to know if it's a good or bad player for it's price point.

I suggest the top left of page 40.

The TOC is a wonderful thing. ;)
 
I suggest the top left of page 40.

The TOC is a wonderful thing. ;)
Fine. You win. I didn't RTFM as much as I should have. I actually tried that button, but I did it while the CD was playing, so it obviously didn't do anything.

My second DOH! moment of the evening.

Wow, if I didn't have you guys, I'd probably be walking into walls and doing other stupid stuff all day.
 
My second DOH! moment of the evening.

Wow, if I didn't have you guys, I'd probably be walking into walls and doing other stupid stuff all day.

Make sure you get that up on YouTube ... maybe it'll go viral! <G>
 
Sorry, part of my job is looking for minutae of detail in tech specs and that sort of thing. It's just sorta one of those things a guy gets use to doing when you do it pretty regularly. Like just about every day, multiple times.
 
Sorry, part of my job is looking for minutae of detail in tech specs and that sort of thing. It's just sorta one of those things a guy gets use to doing when you do it pretty regularly, like just about every day multiple times.
No need to apologize! I was just being silly about my own stupidity with not RTFMing. I work in IT and get really annoyed when people don't even make the basic effort to try and do their own homework. And here I go doing it online for the whole world to see. Geez, could I be any more hypocritical?
 
Sorry, part of my job is looking for minutae of detail in tech specs and that sort of thing. It's just sorta one of those things a guy gets use to doing when you do it pretty regularly. Like just about every day, multiple times.
Yay for whoaru for diving deep into the manual. :banana:
 
I had this Sony 5 disc changer that would play SACD, but would always default to CD would not play SACD layer. To force it to play SACD I have some single layer SACD, after you played those it would the play the SACD layer from the hybrids until you played a cd again. Odd player,I no longer have I forgot what model
 
Does the SACD layer provide additional information to be combined with the information on the CD layer, or are these layers completely independent? If they are independent, you conceivably have different music on the CD layer vs on the SACD layer...
 
Back
Top Bottom