• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ISO Pioneer CTF-1000 FF/REW Idler clutch

capn

New Member
I know this is a long-shot, but if anyone knows where I might be able to acquire the FF/REW idler clutch for a Pioneer CTF-1000, please let me know.
 
Register to hide this ad
Mark the Fixer has restored a few of these for me in my business and they did work. Fortunately Mark by surprise lives a mile or so away from me in my town. You never know when the solution will be right around your corner. I would send the defective part to Mark. The fix as I understand it is not all that easy to accomplish without a bunch of special tools.
 
Is yours missing or broken? They can be fixed like new if you know how

Well when I originally posted this, the clutch on my CT-F1000 was in the process of being repaired by Mark and I was looking to obtain a spare. However, it now appears the great USPS has (at least temporarily) lost the reworked clutch that Mark mailed back to me. So at the moment, my clutch is indeed missing.

I did since run across oaktreevintage.com. They don't have the clutch in stock currently, but I suppose they may have one if they part out another unit that uses that model.

Alternatively, if the USPS doesn't ever locate mine (likely), maybe I'll part out my CT-F1000 (or more likely just let it collect dust in a closet).
 
Mine is currently on it's way back from Mark. Note that first class mail can be slow and I have had experiences in the past where things seemingly disappeared and then somewhat surprisingly were delivered with almost no prior warning. I'm going to hope the same for you.
 
I have the strange idea that the clutch is something that a good machinist ought to be able to replicate. I keep thinking that we just need to find a machinist into tape recording who could run off a couple of dozen of these to replace lost and irreparable clutches.
 
Mine is currently on it's way back from Mark. Note that first class mail can be slow and I have had experiences in the past where things seemingly disappeared and then somewhat surprisingly were delivered with almost no prior warning. I'm going to hope the same for you.

I'm hoping as well, although the tracking information being stuck on "In USPS possession" for 5 days straight doesn't instill me with confidence.
 
I have the strange idea that the clutch is something that a good machinist ought to be able to replicate. I keep thinking that we just need to find a machinist into tape recording who could run off a couple of dozen of these to replace lost and irreparable clutches.

Or someone with a 3D printer and required know-how and software tools.
 
I'm hoping as well, although the tracking information being stuck on "In USPS possession" for 5 days straight doesn't instill me with confidence.

I've had this experience in the past and what I did was contact the postmaster at my local post office who then contacted the post master at the post office with the lost item. This has worked for me twice - the originating post office searched for the missing package, located it and sent it on it's way. The only time this did not work was when U.S. customs lost an item in NY. Good luck, I hope this is helpful.
 
The good news is that my reworked clutch WAS delivered today (I'm still ISO a spare, however).

The bad news is the USPS took a full seven days to transport a small, 1.5 lb package from Illinois to Georgia. Moreover, my local carrier accounted for 24 hours of the delay and someone recorded a false and misleading update on the tracking. Yesterday, after the tracking had been updated to "out for delivery" in the morning and after the delivery was NOT made, the tracking information was updated to "Delivery attempted, Item being held at Post Office per customer request". I can tell you no delivery attempt was made and I definitely did NOT request that the item be held at the post office. When I went to the post office this morning to pick up the item, the clerk told me that the item was NOT being held at the post office and that it would be delivered later today (which it was). When I asked why then the tracking indicated that I had requested the item to be held at the post office, he said that's the standard message when the carrier doesn't actually deliver the item on the day it was supposed to be delivered.

I realize this has nothing to do with audio; I'm just venting. I despise my local USPS.
 
Mine took two days and was delivered to my doorstep this morning. (Mark mailed it on the 22nd)
I've had the same experience with the " delivery attempted" thing on a package for which no signature was required. The local postoffice people explained that it was a shortcoming in the tracking system software, they said it was a headache for them too since they regularly get irate visitors to the post office in our neighborhood. I would in most cases rank the USPS above UPS and about equal to FedEx. All are fairly good here in the Boston area.

I have clutch, new tire for the idler and the clutch, belts, and a new pulley for the FF/RWD motor. I replaced the micro switches already and replaced the electrolytic capacitors in the servo board, transport logic board, and PSU. I'll start to put it back together in the next couple of days, and if all goes well and troubleshooting is not required I will then move on to recapping all of the other (12) boards.
 
I've had the same experience with the " delivery attempted" thing on a package for which no signature was required. The local postoffice people explained that it was a shortcoming in the tracking system software, they said it was a headache for them too since they regularly get irate visitors to the post office in our neighborhood.

If that is indeed the case, that is beyond ridiculous. The USPS has enough real problems that cause customers to be irate without shooting themselves in the foot with tracking software that misleads customers into making special trips to the post office to pick up packages that aren't there. Talk about self-inflicted wounds.
 
It is better than the ones I get from Amazon and UPS that say they delivered the package to my house, but in fact they delivered it to somewhere else - that has happened far more often than any problem I have had with the USPS tbh..
 
Back
Top Bottom