• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4430 rehab

RS Steve

Tube Junkie
Subscriber
First off, let me give thanks to fellow AKer audiodon. He picked up these JBL 4430's for me as a favor, and it just shows how the AK brotherhood (or sisterhood) is alive and well. :thmbsp: Thanks again Don!

These 4430's have spent their entire life hanging from a ceiling, and have served well for many years doing their job. I was lucky enough to get word they were available at a very good price.

The pictures will show that other than some holes from the fasteners in the tops, woofer surround replacement, crossover freshen up, and a small hole in one grill cloth, they should be as good as new when finished.

I have regretted selling my previous pair of 4430's a few years ago, so I'm looking forward to having a pair of cheeks around here again. :butt1: I plan on having a heavy hitter shootout between my top speakers down the road. The competition will include the following, ADS L1590II, JBL L-220, Klipsch Chorus, Klipsch Cornwall, Frazier Model Elevens, and the JBL 4430's. This will help me decide which speakers stay, and which will go. :music:
 

Attachments

  • 4430 FR.jpg
    4430 FR.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 4430 woofer.jpg
    4430 woofer.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Just received word that my JBL 4430's are on their way south, I'll post pictures, and the restoration process once they show up. Happy New Year to me! :thmbsp:
 
I just was notified they missed the load scheduled for early next week, the truck was too full. :sigh: So it looks like the next delivery is the 25th, I already have the refoam kit waiting. They can't get here soon enough. :no: :D
 
There's always something. As long as they sit safe and sound, and get to you in the same condition. Good Luck!
 
I'll be keeping an eye on this project! I'd love to hear a pair of these some day!
I'm sure they will be outstanding when done!

Glenn
 
I also have a pair of 4430s, but they are in such a small room (without room treatments) that they don't sound very good. I'm a BIG ADS/a/d/s/ fan as well! I'll be following this thread.
 
Now because of this winter storm, my 4430's might be delayed another week. It's starting to feel like torture now, but heck, I have waited this long so what's another week or so. :worried:
 
Excited to see this project start!

I was promised next Saturday delivery since travel is not going to be any fun in the N.E. this weekend. Nice thing is, I have spare woofers ready to install when they arrive. That will allow me to play them while I am doing the refoam. :thmbsp:
 
Looks like my 4430's are two hours out, and headed this way, can't wait to finally get to lay eyes on them. Pictures soon to follow. :banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom