Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
There is a Capehart deluxe console for sale locally. It has what appears to be an old field coil speaker. I assume it’s a Jensen. Model p12j1005. I can’t find any info on that model speaker.
I think this console is from the 50s and past the era of brooks and we, but maybe I should go get it? I couldn’t get the amp cover off. What’s hiding under there?
Homer Capehart invented the Simplex record changers used in early Wurlitzer jukeboxes. Some deluxe Capehart console models had a flip mechanism that played 16-20 78s. 10&12” and the mechanism could flip the records to play both sides. Yours has the basic drop record changer which I believe played only 78s. Must be a post WW2 to late 40s model because the 331/3 & 45 came out in 1948 & mid 1949 respectively. Capeharts were expensive when new and I’m sure they subcontracted Jensen to make their speakers. It must have a tv on the other side of the console because the wattage is 450 watts!! I hope you restore it, at least the phono radio part. I believe it was Armstrong FM in which case you won’t receive any stations since Armstrong’s FM frequency band is no longer used. Keep me posted. By the way the super deluxe models also had separate amps for high, midrange, and bass fidelity. The amps were powerful!! Only the wealthy could afford these consoles back in the day. Please keep me posted, thank you.