• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Jerry Seinfeld's" speakers?

I don't recall the speakers in the show, but the differences between the 4311 and the L-100 were largely cosmetic. The 4311 had the woofer on top (since, as a "studio monitor" it was often placed on a shelf, close to the ceiling) and had the midrange and tweeter controls on the front and bottom of the speaker. the L-100 had the familiar "egg-crate" foam grille, in a variety of colors (the most popular of which was brown).
 
Wow! Great thread! I can't wait to check this out.

No couch potatoes in this bunch! :lmao: I wonder if there is a direct relationship bewteen one's weight and the number of Seinfield episodes one has seen. :scratch2:
 
emaidel said:
I don't recall the speakers in the show, but the differences between the 4311 and the L-100 were largely cosmetic. The 4311 had the woofer on top (since, as a "studio monitor" it was often placed on a shelf, close to the ceiling) and had the midrange and tweeter controls on the front and bottom of the speaker. the L-100 had the familiar "egg-crate" foam grille, in a variety of colors (the most popular of which was brown).

In that 70's show, I've never seen the grilles on, and I believe the woofer is on the top. Gotta go check TBS. :)
 
That '70's show... did you ever see what powered those L100's?
I believe it was a LLoyds AM/Fm/8-track/cassette/turntable combo.
Now that's one sick and twisted sense of humor.
 
Eric Forman's speakers

Gonna have to disagree with you-all on the little speakers in the basement on That 70's Show! After many episodes & relative visual size observations, my conclusion is that they were low end Radio Shack, ported, 2-ways, upside down. L100's was a good knee-jerk guess (white woofer) but they are not NEARLY the cabinet heft of the L-100's. For one thing, they are way too shallow (front to back). I'll betcha someone who has worked @ RS from
1970 to '80 could narrow them down!
P.S. always drives me crazy that they are upside-down! (IMO)
:dammit:

rodneyk
 
I remember spotting the Klein right away ... I was a Mantra Race LT owner at the time, I bought mine in 1996 in WA state, back when Gary was still the man hand building bikes in Chehalis! I was blown away ... if you weren't a bike head, you would never know. I wonder what the story was behind that bike?

Long live Klein bikes!


I'm sorry, what were we talking about?
 
Weren't those 4311'S?

I think it was something along those lines.

JBL 4310

3702287.jpg


5760_1.jpg


JBL 4311

c.jpg
 
Last edited:
Since we're talking about TV gear, I love the McIntosh system on Elementary. It's always on in every episode. Also, what kind of speakers are are they? It must sound amazing if they actually ever listen to it when not shooting.
EDIT: Here's a pic. Looks like 3 McIntosh components, 2 stacked, one on another shelf, maybe a TT as well.
 
Last edited:
I saw an old episode of "The Brady Bunch", "Johnny Bravo", episode and when the record producer plays Gerg's tape they use a pair of Micro Acoustic D12's!
 
Here's a better photo on the left side but it doesn't look like a L 88, the sides of the cabinet are cut away around the woofer and the tweeter and the air vent/port are different and the board they are mounted on are missing.
 

Attachments

  • that70sshow-season1-bluray-22.jpg
    that70sshow-season1-bluray-22.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 223
Back
Top Bottom