• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jim Beam warehouse containing 45,000 barrels of bourbon burns

Register to hide this ad
Glad i drink Buffalo Trace!

The Jim Beam fire will still affect supply, likely leading to higher prices for your whiskey.

Buffalo Trace is quite good. They also make Eagle Rare which I always keep around the house. Buffalo Trace partners with the expensive Van Winkle whiskey folks too.

My cheap bourbon of choice (cooking and shirtless benders) is Old Crow which is part of the Jim Beam family.
 
Glad I drink vodka. No aging needed. Last part of article talks about fish kill from the runoff. Died with a smile on their little faces . Worse ways to go
 
Well, I never picked cotton...........................
But my mother did, and my brother did, and my sister did,
and my daddy died young, a workin in the coal mine.

Cot damn! I need a shot after typing that.
 
The Jim Beam fire will still affect supply, likely leading to higher prices for your whiskey.

Buffalo Trace is quite good. They also make Eagle Rare which I always keep around the house. Buffalo Trace partners with the expensive Van Winkle whiskey folks too.

My cheap bourbon of choice (cooking and shirtless benders) is Old Crow which is part of the Jim Beam family.


Nope.

From Washington Post:

“The company operates 126 barrel warehouses, which collectively hold 3.3 million barrels, in the state. The warehouse that was destroyed contained relatively young whiskey, Beam Suntory said, the loss of which will not impact availability.”
 
Beam Suntory? What did I miss?

Unrelated, when I visited Japan some many years ago, Suntory produced a very respectable take on Scotch whisky.
 
Beam Suntory? What did I miss?

Unrelated, when I visited Japan some many years ago, Suntory produced a very respectable take on Scotch whisky.

Same article:

“We are thankful that no one was injured in this incident, and we are grateful to the courageous firefighters from multiple jurisdictions who brought the fire under control and prevented it from spreading,” Jim Beam’s parent company, Beam Suntory, said in a statement. “We have a comprehensive warehouse safety program that includes regular inspections and rigorous protocols to promote safety and the security of our aging inventory.”
 
Well, I never picked cotton...........................
But my mother did, and my brother did, and my sister did,
and my daddy died young, a workin in the coal mine.

Cot damn! I need a shot after typing that.

There was a Hillbilly type comedian, can't remember which one. He observed, (say this with mountain accent). "I bought a case of aspirin, just so I could pick the cotton out of the bottles so I could call myself a cotton picker".
 
And in the last several weeks/months, the TV has been FLOODED w/ads for Gentleman Jim, et al. There was/is one showing a recreation of a bunch of their workers rebuilding the distillery right after Prohibition ended.... Never a fan, I'm very happy no one was hurt. Whatever booze was lost, it can be replaced. People can't...
 
Back
Top Bottom